Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIP TO INDIA!  (Read 26803 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2006, 04:41:46 pm »

If India is exhaustion and arm injuries, and almost being hit by idiots on the wrong side of the road, I'm there.

My friend claims I'm getting close.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2006, 05:40:59 pm »

July 10th, 12:38 PM - Still an Indian.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2006, 06:59:17 pm »

July 13th, 1:56 PM - Still and Indian.  Tan darkening to more obviously brown tone.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2006, 08:40:40 pm »

7/13: India is increasingly a place I am not.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2006, 08:55:34 pm »

Stop bumping this thread and giving me a craving for Indian food!  Please!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2006, 09:58:41 pm »

I watched a 20 minute video where Ravi Shankar explained the basic concepts of Indian music. It was really interesting, and I find the Sitar fascinating.

however, I am not in India. Nor am I heading towards India.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2006, 10:09:15 pm »

Not today!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 02:34:45 am »

Nor am I heading towards India.

According to GPS measurements, India moved in the same direction as I did, at a slightly greater rate, thus travelling away from me.
I was also briefly ten miles further north of here.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 03:42:41 am »

Today I was not in India.

Tomorrow I'm planning on not being in Nepal.

Saturday?  Not Bhutan.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 05:38:11 am »

Not today!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2006, 05:45:54 am »

I'm not understanding this thread today.

Tomorrow: also counterindicated.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2006, 06:01:48 am »

I have never been less in India than I am right now.

...

See?  That little pause?  I was closer to being in India then.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2006, 06:09:18 am »

today a lot of ladies came in who were formerly In India. However, they are not there now.

logic would tell us that this means that I was not in India today.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2006, 02:30:58 pm »

I'm going with my daughter's field trip to the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, which will place me at least several hundred feet closer to India than I usually am!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2006, 03:08:53 pm »

I'm going with my daughter's field trip to the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, which will place me at least several hundred feet closer to India than I usually am!

Are you closer to India by going west?  Have I been thinking about my proximity to India backwards?  I'm probably much closer to India than I thought.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up