Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul  (Read 7055 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 02:44:20 am »

I feel vaguely insulted that there's been no "Where's V?!" thread.

Actually, V, in one of the angry religion threads we talked about where you might be.  I think someone said that you were on vacation and didn't have internet access.

It was me, I asked about you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 02:47:00 am »

I- I'm sorry.... but mostly that you like Steely Dan.   :P

Hey Steely Dan is really good music to smooth the ladies with.

...here come those Santa Ana winds again...

Ahh memories.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 03:25:49 am »

I was talking about Ed Wood with a friend the other day. Turns out the only reason he'd even heard of Orson Welles was from that movie. This man is 25 years old, and he's never heard of Citizen Kane? Or even the peas thing? Or, say, the voice of freakin' Unicron? I think I hid my astonishment pretty well.

This is one of the saddest things. I've met people who think Citizen Kane sucks, which I think is pretty sad, but at least they've seen it. WTF?

(Also, thank you for condolences &c. All is well now.)
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 05:05:45 am »

I almost rented Citizen Kane today, but I was broke.

I love how this job sucks, and they have not paid me yet. Hm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 06:40:04 am »

I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul

I felt so threatened I created this to compensate.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 07:03:03 am »

I've now got this image of Orson Welles reading this webpage through a time machine and wondering what works of his are still well known enough that people would be expected to know them without knowing who he is. 'Citizen Kane? Well I wish people wouldn't keep bringing it up, but fair enough what else... What the hell's a Unicron?... PEAS?!' Then Cyborg Welles goes back in time and kills our parents. Just thought I'd share.

Inev: You've been there over a month now haven't you? I wouldn't put up with that kind of crap for too long. Personally for straight out of school no experience work major chains are a better bet (in my limited experience) than smaller places, the work is just as crappy and you even more of a number but most of them have figured out that fuck*ng their employees around is more hassle than it's worth.

Paul: I thought that image was pretty cool until I started noticing the painted birds were not just on the car, my mind was unable to deal with this and just went into OOOooooh SHiiiiiit mode for five minutes so, yeah thanks for breaking my brain. You are still, of course, the master.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 10:13:26 am »

Ok dude, cough up the sweet story behind the sweet picture!

And yeah, The Inev, if they're treating you like shit now, just wait til you've been around awhile. Get some answers.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 10:39:45 am »

I felt so threatened I created this to compensate.

~Paul

Oh Shiiiiiiiiiit! 

Is it on now?  Is it on... like Donkey Kong?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 12:28:09 pm »

If Becker and Fagen had grown up in Germany, they would be releasing albums called Computer World and The Man Machine.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 02:55:32 pm »

Yeah, Paul, that picture is hella messed up.  It looks like the parrot is stealing her muffler, which I think you should warn her about.

It says something about a person who can put paint to their new car, and what is says is awsome.  They are not chained down by societies rules, man! 

Also, I would love to learn about how to paint one's own car.  Of the cars I have seen, there is clearly a proper process one can follow so as not to have it all peel half off and look shitty.  Since my dad taught autobody for many years, I'm pretty sure he'd fall to pieces (or at the very least refuse to help me fix my car for free) if I drove up with a mural painted on my car, but I am still facinated with how one does this.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 03:27:04 pm »

yeah, not really a month. More like... 2 weeks? I mean, I'm just being bitchy about it because I want some goddamn spending money. I mean... CDs are calling me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 03:38:46 pm »

Back to the topic at hand, I have realized, through vigorous Flickr searching that approximately 85% of the populace doesn't know the definition of surreal.


Fuckers, all of them.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 03:50:55 pm »

Yeah, Paul desperately needs a Flickr account so that strangers on the internet (I mean strangers other than us) can comment on them and enjoy them too.

I mean seriously, how many of Paul's photos do you think would make the Explore pages there?  All of them?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 04:03:10 pm »

Yeah, Paul desperately needs a Flickr account so that strangers on the internet (I mean strangers other than us) can comment on them and enjoy them too.

I mean seriously, how many of Paul's photos do you think would make the Explore pages there?  All of them?


Yeah.. despite talkin' trash I would not want to pit my photos against Paul's in a cage match.  Sheer volume alone would overwhelm me, not to mention delightful content.

Paul, this must be done.  Flickr is your destiny, do not turn away!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 04:47:51 pm »

Back to the topic at hand, I have realized, through vigorous Flickr searching that approximately 85% of the populace doesn't know the definition of surreal.


Fuckers, all of them.

How ironic.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up