Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Meal  (Read 9283 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Last Meal
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:19:37 pm »

After seeing this book, I began to think about last meals, and what my last meal would be.  I'm paralyzed by the idea... I think of all the banal foods that speak to me of home, of the extravagant foods that I almost never, if ever, eat.  Anyone here know what their last meal would be?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:40:48 pm »

Anyone here know what their last meal would be?

Pussy!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 07:43:33 pm »

http://www.deadmaneating.com/ : is a website that seems like it is made by assholes, but still gives you the info in that book (sometimes they have the last words, but not always). 

My last meal would probably be two really good New York Style cheese peices of pizza and nachos with cheddar cheese, japapenos, black beans, sour cream, that green hot sauce and guacamole.  For dessert, really beany (I don't know if that is the way to describe it- rich) vanilla ice cream.

Edit: And two homegrown tomatoes, sliced, with salt.  I can eat homegrown tomatoes like apples.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 07:51:08 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 07:48:45 pm »

Well, everyone knows I suck at making a top ten, let alone choosing the single top thing...
Possibly Peking Duck. Maybe Hanoi Beef and Noodle Soup.

Thing is, even if I chose what to eat, I could never enjoy it as I'd be panicking as to whether I'd chosen the right music, or thing to watch or whatever. Well, at least I've discovered something else I need to learn not to care about.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:15:09 pm »

NY pizza and chocolate ice cream.  I decided this before reading Keith's answer, which then made me think, perhaps we are both making the wrong choice.  Because surely if there is a Heaven the first thing they serve you is New York pizza and ice cream.

And then Slink's answer confused me - perhaps I want Chinese food instead? I think it depends on the circumstances.  If this is a fantasy in which I can make sure I get the pizza from a particular place in Brooklyn or the Bronx, I'd go with that.  In the real world I would choose something from a good local Chinese place instead of inferior pizza.

This reminds me - my last breakfast, in a fantasy world where I can get anything from anywhere, is one of those jelly doughnuts they only seem to make in NYC and that I can't even usually find there anymore.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 08:17:05 pm »

I doubt I could eat knowing what was ahead. I think I'd rather have the chance to talk to my best friend or my mom or my wife and kids one last time.

I think the food would turn to ashes in my mouth.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 08:41:05 pm »

giraffe 'n' chips with a pint of lager and a packet of crisps. It seems the right thing to do.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 08:44:55 pm »

An entire bottle of Grey Goose and maybe a couple fingers worth of Laphroaig.

You think I'm joking?  I'm not!  I would want a huge amount to drink.

Also, fresh homemade bread with sweet butter and about 3 million kisses from a girl whose lips taste of tawny wine and whose eyes sparkle with love and delight.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 08:45:44 pm »

I'm with Paul.  Pussy just before being shot by an irate husband.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 08:47:13 pm »

Yea, thanks to Judy you can add 4 pints of Bass to my list.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 08:50:28 pm »

I'm with Paul.  Pussy just before being shot by an irate husband.

Clearly this is the choice if one could pick their method of execution.

I think I would go with orange-glazed spare ribs, cooked so tender the meat is just falling off the bone.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 08:55:09 pm »

I doubt I could eat knowing what was ahead. I think I'd rather have the chance to talk to my best friend or my mom or my wife and kids one last time.

I think the food would turn to ashes in my mouth.

Of course, but there is a way to think of it that makes it a fun game.  What would you like to be enjoying when suddenly a ten-ton weight falls on your head? 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 08:55:32 pm »

Of course, but there is a way to think of it that makes it a fun game.  What would you like to be enjoying when suddenly a ten-ton weight falls on your head? 

Spinach.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 09:04:11 pm »

Of course, but there is a way to think of it that makes it a fun game.  What would you like to be enjoying when suddenly a ten-ton weight falls on your head? 

A Blowjob.

And complete enlightenment, of course.

Mention food and LO! ChoOOOOOOP!

What up, homes?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Last Meal
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 09:05:19 pm »

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up