I spent a week there and hated every moment.
The 'monument' for JFK (experiment in concrete slabs) is easily the worst piece of public memorial I have ever seen.
But, Paul being from and of Texas may at least have good suggestions for places to eat.
Is the airport as huge a clusterfuck as it was about 8 years ago?
Over the course of years i've spent many weeks in Dallas and generally had a great time. I've got friends there which helps, but still. I've gone to concerts, seen The Mavericks play basketball, watched the Rangers (Nolan Ryan) play baseball. Hung out at the Lake (Ray Hubbard, I believe), got drunk, got stoned, got laid. Dealy Plaza has been pretty much left as it was when the President was shot. Maybe the monument isn't impressive (so what), but you can stand there and really get a sense of what it was like on that day all those years ago. As for food, it's got all manner of restaurants, but the only ones I would definitely reccomend are the previously mentioned Mecca and
Carshon's Deli in Ft. Worth. My favorite there is the Ruthie. I assume you are referring to DFW airport. I've worked there, but never flown in there. However, if you fly Southwest, they'll take you to Love field which is easy peasy and right in the middle of town. Basically every airport is a clusterfuck though.
I would say though about Dallasites, they are not as friendly as the rest of us Texans. They tend to be a bit snobby, think they are better than the rest of us. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Cowboys.
~Paul