Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dallas TX  (Read 5966 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 05:45:11 pm »

In a wicker basket with a note attached to it that said 'Please give him a good home."

~Paul

There's Something About Paul!  - a short film

(Close-up on Paul, lying in basket, smiling, waiting expectantly.  Melanie opens door,  sees basket, looks inside, sees Paul.  Beat.)

Melanie (dead pan): I am not going to be changing your diaper.

(Melanie slams the door.  Wide shot of basket on steps.  Time laps: shot of the basket as the sun sets, the moon rises.  Sound cue: the not too distant sound of baying wolves.)

fin.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 06:32:45 pm »

The award-winning playwright, ladies and gentlemen.

I expect this brief 1/137th act to be in your complete plays book, published posthumously.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 06:56:20 pm »

CLUE: The place is named "Krampsville."

Yes, that is the only reason I actually drove there.  "Krampville? Oh hell yes!"

*45 minutes later*

"These kids are just driving around in a circle for hours.  What the hell is this?  Hey!  What are you guys doing?!"

"We're driving the strip dude."

"Oh jeezus... I-.. I didn't know shit like this happened not too far away."
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 07:25:22 pm »

Another place Paul might have trouble having a good time: Pittsfield, MA, home of the largest concentration of people standing on the sidewalk staring into space that I've ever seen in my life.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 07:40:06 pm »

Paul is going to Greek Festival.  Y'all try to make the most of your pitiful lives while i'm away.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 07:55:49 pm »

Paul, I know we are all working toward more healthful lifestyles, and I know what follows is not the sort of suggestion I would normally make to someone who I know is on Weight Watchers, but since you just implied that our lives are pitiful, I will punish you thusly:

You are going to a Greek Festival?  Be sure to eat all the taramasalata you can get your hands on - preferably with big wedges of fresh pita for dipping.  Because if there is a Greek food that is close to a mouth orgasm, it is basically taramasalata.  Enjoy!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 08:05:38 pm »

Also one word: spanakopita.

Serious.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 09:05:49 pm »

Paul could not have a good time in Swindon.
This looks like fun, as does this, this, this, this, and this.  But Swindon is just a hop, skip and a jump from London, so I would guess that it's pretty easy to just get to down to London if your bored with Swindon.

~Paul


Damn, I've lived here all my life and I did not know about any of these places. Foxie's Lap Dancing, here I come! (However, Swindon is not a 'hop, skip and jump' from London. It is about 80 miles away, which is FAR.)

When Paul walks through the grey, drab town of Swindon the sun bursts out from the clouds as chavs and 10 year old smokers cartwheel behind Paul in perfect synchronisation; our man from Dallas sings out in a deep sonorous voice about something delightful.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 09:08:18 pm »

( It is about 80 miles away, which is FAR.)

By 'merican standards, 80 miles is a nice little day jaunt.  It's a problem of space vs perspective really.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 09:43:30 pm »

What's the old saying?

In England, 100 miles is a long way.
In America, 100 years is a long time.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 09:43:56 pm »

80 miles?  That's like a 45 minute drive away.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2006, 10:37:22 pm »

Is there anyplace Paul could NOT have a great time?  It could be a competition.

PMITA prison?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006, 11:16:14 pm »

80 miles?  That's like a 45 minute drive away.


Remind me never to let Jough drive me anywhere.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 12:11:38 am »

When Paul walks through the grey, drab town of Swindon the sun bursts out from the clouds as chavs and 10 year old smokers cartwheel behind Paul in perfect synchronisation; our man from Dallas sings out in a deep sonorous voice about something delightful.

Judy, you have just won some kind of award.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dallas TX
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 04:35:03 am »

Remind me never to let Jough drive me anywhere.

Thank you for getting my joke. :-*
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up