Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Greek Festival  (Read 9108 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 12:05:56 am »

20 people, that's all?  Fuck it, i'm done.

Well, yeah.

You know that we pretty much haze any n00bs here until they either cough up some funny or just leave.  Some of the n00bs become regulars and can pull up their own stool to the bar - others get pissy and go home. 

That's how we likes it.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 12:54:47 am »

Thanks for a wonderful post, Paul. I marvel at your ability to just strike up conversations with strangers. People persons are fascinating!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 01:01:17 am »

Damn that's a great story Paul, you've made me realise how long it's been since I've gone to my local greek fest (and enjoyed the delicious greek shortbread).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 01:21:39 am »

In Denver my sister took me to this great greek restaurant where the owners are these super gregarious, happy, friendly people. They are totally different from the Greek restaurant owners that live here. They are never happy. It is tough for me to continue to patronise them after having experienced awesome, happy Greeks who ply me with free ouzo.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 03:39:15 am »

dang, I always pass the local Greek Orthodox Church lately. But I won't be here for the next greek fest.

me and Q should go to one in St Louis next year! if there is one.

Jough-- I don't really remember any Hazing. Was I hazed? I mostly remember hazing myself (ie: "oh god, I just posted that! they're going to think I'm stupid/insane! ahhh! noo! *Cathys out*")
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 03:52:59 am »

dang, I always pass the local Greek Orthodox Church lately. But I won't be here for the next greek fest.

me and Q should go to one in St Louis next year! if there is one.

There's a greek festival here every year.. also a polish one and a german one.  They're basically pretty fun.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 09:57:39 am »

It is bees that die when they sting you. They tear themselves inside out or something. Lovely!

Bees stingers are barbed and remain in your skin as the bee pulls away. The venom sac remains attached to the stinger and continues pumping venom after the bee leaves. The bee dies shortly thereafter.

Wasps have a smooth needle-like stinger that can sting over and over again.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 10:24:58 am »

Bees stingers are barbed and remain in your skin as the bee pulls away. The venom sac remains attached to the stinger and continues pumping venom after the bee leaves. The bee dies shortly thereafter.

Wasps have a smooth needle-like stinger that can sting over and over again.

I'm never sure what that says about them. I guess the whole bee martyr thing is kind of depressing, and wasps seem kind of evil.
Bee martyrs. They couldn't really be swayed by bee virgins could they?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 10:38:11 am »

I've never even heard of a greek festival before, but I looked to see if Atlanta has one, and we do! It's coming up in October. I am excited. Thanks, Paul, for broadening my horizons!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006, 12:43:08 pm »

Greek festivals rock.  Wasps suck.  It's comforting that there are some clear black and white truths in this crazy world.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 04:03:37 pm »

Wasps are our friends.  I saw yesterday that the wasp is still in my car, very much alive.  I've forgiven him for stinging me.  We've moved past that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 04:13:54 pm »

Okay now, Paul, you are trying too hard to be a good guy. 

In waspland, what happed was this: your wasp buddy was all like: "I kill you!  I kill you!" and then shived you with the sharpest object at had, which was convieniently attached to his body. 

If you had a roommate do this one day in real life, then came home to find him still there, and still holding the shive the next day, would you be all like "Yeah, man.  Everythings cool?"  Would you?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 04:21:15 pm »

Wasps are beautiful.  This wasp has repaid me for the sting by adding beauty to my life.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 04:25:43 pm »

Wasps are beautiful.  This wasp has repaid me for the sting by adding beauty to my life.

~Paul

Which roommates are, by definition, incapable of doing.

Well, except for that one girl...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Festival
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 04:40:44 pm »

Wasps are beautiful.  This wasp has repaid me for the sting by adding beauty to my life.

~Paul

Flanders?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up