Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Poll

Do you wash it every day?

Yep
Not every day

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The washing hair debate  (Read 62995 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2006, 03:13:23 am »

It's around $2.90 in Philly.  It's a bit cheaper in South Jersey.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2006, 03:15:02 am »

96.5 cents a litre here, but was $1.12 for most of summer.  Sucks.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2006, 03:37:22 am »

$2.36/gal here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2006, 04:43:30 am »

$8.56/gal here.

Thank you, and good night!

Ugh, and that after spending about six hundred bucks taxing, MOT'ing and repairing my car. I wish I didn't need the fuck*ng thing sometimes.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 05:09:05 am »

Walking is now my primary means of transport! I am like what would happen if we forgot how to make the wheel!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2006, 05:45:05 am »

$8.56/gal here.

Thank you, and good night!

Ugh, and that after spending about six hundred bucks taxing, MOT'ing and repairing my car. I wish I didn't need the fuck*ng thing sometimes.


Holy fuckin' hell, slink! Where the fuck do you live that petrol costs that goddamn much -- a place whose government doesn't subsidize your oil? I heard that it costs like $8 a litre in the UK (and there are about 3.785 litres per US gallon). Crazy.

Also, with the hair-washing I have found that I need more detangling products as my hair gets longer. It has been forever, or at least 4 or 5 years since my hair was long enough to pull into a ponytail. I think I'll keep growing it out.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 11:59:23 am »

Holy fuckin' hell, slink! Where the fuck do you live that petrol costs that goddamn much -- a place whose government doesn't subsidize your oil? I heard that it costs like $8 a litre in the UK (and there are about 3.785 litres per US gallon). Crazy.

No, it's at least only $8 a gallon here, but we buy it by the litre. If we priced it by the gallon we'd have riots happening. As is we occasionally have truckers blockading fuel depots in protest at the ever rising prices. And at least I think Norway is more expensive than here, not that that's really any kind of consolation! It's still pretty much the cheapest liquid here too.

As for the topic, I still don't know whta I'm doing with my hair. Washing it yes, but it's getting to a frustrating length and I can't decide whether to just leave it be, dread it or cut it all off again. I need something for warmth in winter, I'm missing that subcutaneous fat.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 12:17:44 pm »

Holy fuckin' hell, slink! Where the fuck do you live that petrol costs that goddamn much -- a place whose government doesn't subsidize your oil? I heard that it costs like $8 a litre in the UK (and there are about 3.785 litres per US gallon). Crazy.

Finish that tank, kids; there are oil-starved people in Europe.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 03:26:56 pm »

To be fair, in the UK we really don't need much petrol. You can get from A to B in most places on a single full tank, depending on the size of your car. As an aside, I love the fact that Britain is so comparatively small. There is really quite a lot to see and do, and yet it is all within a distance smaller than the average US state. Exquisite.

On the news they sometimes have reports on rising prices in America which seem paltry to us, but that's rationalised with distance. Unless you're one of those wankers who live and work all year in the city yet commute with an SUV. To be fair, we get a lot of those; Chelsea tractors is pretty much the standard colloquial.

Christ, in my area of the country there's a ton of rich families who merely live 5 miles from the nearest town and think that gives them an excuse to drive one of those petrol guzzling bitches of vehicles. They never take them off-road, and get pretty angry if you quiz them about why they have such a vehicle. Standard excuse is that they have kids, but people carriers are better for that! What the hell people.

Basically, fuck people who own SUV's for stupid reasons.

Man, now this is completely off-topic, and I have nothing to say about hair. Sorry.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 04:15:38 pm »

Sometimes I really really wish I was a cop just so I could pull over people driving Humvees on roads like I-66 where no trucks are allowed. They have such an insanely high GVW that they are considered trucks but none of the real cops ever call them on it. I'd also pull over the fucktards who drive in the rain with their headlights off. No matter how sunny it is they have to be on. It's not that difficult of a rule.

Judy: "people carriers"?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2006, 04:21:37 pm »

Judy: "people carriers"?



Maybe you call them MPVs?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2006, 04:36:45 pm »

"Van" or "minivan."

my mom drives an SUV. But she is buying a Hybrid to replace it. Her excuse (for the SUV) is that driving a minivan is basically like driving Shit. I do not understand this, as driving her SUV (land cruiser) was fuck*ng impossible. I can attest. I do not want to imagine what an even larger vehicle would feel like.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2006, 12:49:15 am »

I scoffed at people who owned SUVs when I lived in Colorado, because Colorado has one of the highest SUV per capita rates in the nation. There were only a few occasions where even my Buick couldn't handle mountain driving. I could understand if you lived in the rural parts of the Colorado mountains, but come on.

Living where I do in rural Alaska, everybody has a truck. The people who don't...well, they cannot get anywhere during the winter. Most of the people who have regular passenger vehicles drive a truck in the winter. I have a 1986 1/2 Nissan Pathfinder, the oldest vehicle I've ever owned, and I love it. I have to admit that when I do move back to Colorado, I've been spoilt by the 4WD and I would probably buy another SUV or truck as my next vehicle. Yes, I am a hypocrite!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2006, 01:05:11 am »

What confuses me is that people say they need these huge cars because they have kids, but aren't families smaller than they used to be?  Why have cars gotten bigger?

But -- Hair!  I got a really great haircut. This hardly ever happens. I have great conversations with my hairdresser, but I hate my hair.  But right now it is is good!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2006, 01:31:03 am »

But -- Hair!  I got a really great haircut. This hardly ever happens. I have great conversations with my hairdresser, but I hate my hair.  But right now it is is good!

I hate having the talk to the hairdresser. The worst is places where they want to massage your head before they wash it. That's just horrible.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up