Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Poll

Do you wash it every day?

Yep
Not every day

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The washing hair debate  (Read 63136 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2006, 06:12:19 am »

yeah, I am going to keep it short and neat. I do not want it to be a thing where I look like any sort of hobo.

basically my beard-spiration is this beard. Roughly. That... short and neat beard. I could not find a picture of this kind of beard anywhere else, so, sorry steve carrell.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2006, 06:18:01 am »

Ooh, Catie del Vaca was a spectacular barfer for her first few months.  One night she got me in a perfect diagonal line across my dark blue t-shirt.  It looked like I was wearing a sash.

Yeah, we had one of those toilet-seat-holder-closers. The dumbest thing we own, in my opinion, is this big padded thingy you can put in the seat of a grocery cart, then put your kid in it.

Because a grocery cart seat is SO fuck*ng FILTHY OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Still not as stupid as a "wipe warmer".

for God's sake.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2006, 02:52:34 pm »

Still not as stupid as a "wipe warmer".

for God's sake.

I hear that.  Criminy, hold it between your hands for a bit, it'll be fine.  Unless you live in a fuckin' igloo, you do not need a wipe warmer.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2006, 10:33:22 pm »

I've been using a great shampoo/conditioner set that my mother picked up awhile ago:  it's Herbal Essences's Hello Hydration blue bottles which are scented with orchid and coconut milk.  I like coconut a lot so I think it's the best.  Coconut is very polarizing.


Essences's.  Essences's.  Essences's.
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2006, 02:17:03 am »

I've been using a great shampoo/conditioner set that my mother picked up awhile ago:  it's Herbal Essences's Hello Hydration blue bottles which are scented with orchid and coconut milk.  I like coconut a lot so I think it's the best.  Coconut is very polarizing.


Essences's.  Essences's.  Essences's.

This is part of a line of products where a gay man screams at women for various reasons to get "HAIRAPY!!"  A gay man (even if he is from Sex In The City) screaming at me does not entice me to buy a product.  This is an advertising tactic that just doesn't work for me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2006, 02:28:07 am »

Wait, the Herbal Essences stuff is the source of those Hairapy advertisements? I am concerned. Previously I had been enjoying the new formulation, but now I feel like I'm aiding and abetting a damn bad ad campaign. Le sigh.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2006, 02:57:04 am »

Wait, the Herbal Essences stuff is the source of those Hairapy advertisements? I am concerned. Previously I had been enjoying the new formulation, but now I feel like I'm aiding and abetting a damn bad ad campaign. Le sigh.

I hate paying for stupidity, and I can't help but feel like a jackass whenever I even think of buying a product such as Mentos, so I don't buy them. Isn't it ironic that assholish overpaid advertising execs would spend money on a campaign that make people cringe to buy their effing product? I have not seen the dreaded Hairapy adverts, but they sound atrocious. Why do advertisers think that we're stupid? It's obnoxious.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2006, 03:13:56 am »

Why do advertisers think that we're stupid?

Based on current evidence it's because they are.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2006, 03:34:56 am »

also: because many are. Many people buy these products. Advertising is Successful.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2006, 04:20:22 am »

Everyone is stupid except us.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2006, 07:21:05 am »

yeah, for real.

The saddest thing: I still always assume that people are smart. I never believe that people fall for shitty advertising, pyramid schemes, etc. and then I realize that if they do fall for them... they can't be as smart as I think. Damn.

that, and the rancid meat thing. goddamn, that bothers me a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2006, 04:50:05 pm »

By definition, half of the population has an IQ of less than 100.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2006, 05:58:21 pm »

I feel that way about religion.  I can't understand how so many otherwise intelligent people fail to see through religion.  It seems so obviously false to me, yet...

I've bought Prell on Jough's recommendation, but I think it smells like bubblegum.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2006, 12:20:28 am »

Hey, I never recommended it.  I just said it's like dish detergent and always leaves my hair clean.  I get compliments on my hair from people.  Girls like to touch it.  Men wish they had my hair.  Small boys feel fear when they look at it.  Dogs and rabbits run away from it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2006, 05:14:51 am »

Getting my hair clean is the principal reason I shampoo it so if you say it gets your hair clean, that sounds like a recommendation to me.

I didn't say that bubblegum was a bad thing for your hair to smell like.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up