Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Poll

Do you wash it every day?

Yep
Not every day

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The washing hair debate  (Read 63124 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2006, 02:35:04 am »

Howdy.  I'm pregnant again, due in late February.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2006, 03:21:40 am »

Congratulations!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2006, 04:21:25 am »

Congrats! Best wishes to you and yours, and may the new baby be as lovely as Lydia was/is.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2006, 02:29:39 pm »

Resurrecting the Wen review:  Today I used it again and followed the directions very carefully.  My hair looks quite nice.  However, I think the conclusion is that this product may really only be appropriate for the celebrity endorsers, who don't have to get to work early in the morning and can justify standing around in the shower for 3-5 minutes to condition their hair.  I don't know about you, but I don't usually have the time.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2006, 11:02:31 pm »

I don't know your shower technique, but when I conditioned I washed my hair, put in conditioner, washed my body and then rinsed the conditioner.  I am off to do this now, with out the conditioner part.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2006, 11:22:29 pm »

That is of course the rational procedure which I generally follow, but apparently I am not usually so dirty that it takes me 3-5 minutes to wash.  This is a demanding hair product, requiring that you stand around doing nothing and wasting hot water to get its full effect.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2006, 03:31:48 am »

Damn, wombat! Even in the Marine Corps you get three minutes to shit, shower, and shave. How in the hell are you in and out of the shower in less than 3-5 minutes? Washing my face, using frilly shower gel with a girly shower puff, and shaving takes at least 3 minutes. I'm a fan of long showers.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2006, 12:21:19 pm »

Yeah, but the stuff has to sit on your hair for the whole five minutes, it seems.  Even if I shower for five minutes, you have to subtract the parts where I am washing the hair - slowly because the stuff doesn't lather - and when I am rinsing it, also slowly because it seems hard to tell when it's all gone.

And perhaps this is too much information, but I don't shave at times of year when all the hairy parts are covered up by clothes. I suppose I can save the Wen for the summer, then.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2006, 08:07:53 pm »

By the way, I am tickled to know that there is one task in my life that I perform up to Marine Corps standards.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2006, 04:19:00 am »

Damn, wombat! Even in the Marine Corps you get three minutes to shit, shower, and shave. How in the hell are you in and out of the shower in less than 3-5 minutes? Washing my face, using frilly shower gel with a girly shower puff, and shaving takes at least 3 minutes. I'm a fan of long showers.

It takes me that long to find my place in the book, let alone actually acomplish anything. And my showers tend to fill the time available. If I wake up 10 minutes earlier, I'll just stand in the shower for an extra 10 minutes trying to get the water to help me wake up. That plus listening to traffice and weather on the 8's.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2006, 01:22:54 pm »

There's no way you can shit, shower, and shave in under 5 minutes and do all three effectively.

Men in the Marines would be constipated, unclean, and partially shaven, I guess. That doesn't sound right.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2006, 04:44:01 pm »

I can confirm, my friend in the Air Force had 3 minutes to do all three during basic training.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2006, 05:05:48 pm »

Now I understand why they have to have such short haircuts!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2006, 05:51:22 pm »

Now I understand why they have to have such short haircuts!

When my Pa was in basic training at Camp Pendleton and then Vietnam, they also had to tie their socks around their ankles to wash them at the same time as they were showering.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2006, 09:45:19 pm »

Aside to Va:

Welcome back, and congrats!  Your avatar pic is adorable, Lyd's grown so much!  I guess P has too, though. 

I think the difference between inev and Va re: the minimal shampoo and soap thing is ten years and a c*ck.  By which I mean, age and gender have a lot to do with your skin, so what works for one isn't likely to work for the other. 

Also, I would like to note that I consider a cool ten minute shower to be "long and luxurious" while Pedro considers the same to be "cruel and unusual punishment."  My dad, who has never been in the military, regularly takes showers that last (literally) ninety seconds, two minutes tops.  I don't know why other than some unknown childhood trauma involving my excessively frugal grandmother and the water bill. 

But, I have passed the point of "checking in" and have entered into the arena of "procrastinating on my homework," so I'd best bid you all adieu. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Up