Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Poll

Do you wash it every day?

Yep
Not every day

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The washing hair debate  (Read 63253 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2007, 03:00:59 am »

Babeland is the place I go to look for such things because they are classy. 

Classy in the way that you expect when you know that it is owned by two very butch lesbians. 

I never have to worry about being confronted with a picture of...something...unsavory. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2007, 03:03:42 am »

egh, i was expecting it to be more exciting than that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2007, 05:47:10 am »

I guess that on the internet it all comes down to sex or death. Weird.

DAMMIT! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HAIR-WASHING! NOT WEIRD FLAVOURED GEL FOR SEXUAL PURPOSES!

*twitch*
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2007, 07:02:49 am »

Quote from: linnea
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HAIR-WASHING! NOT WEIRD FLAVOURED GEL FOR SEXUAL PURPOSES!

Be careful what you wish for. Soon will come the time that someone shows up who is into hair-washing FOR sexual purposes.

All fetish like. All watchin' Herbal Essences ads instead of normal porn. All crackin' open new Prell to get in the mood.

Just be thankful that said person isn't me, a-cuz I'd get all verbose and unruly about it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2007, 02:33:14 pm »

All watchin' Herbal Essences ads instead of normal porn.

Say.  Those are pretty hawt.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2007, 04:28:05 pm »

Choop started it.

Anyway, the point is, has anyone else tried Manipulator?  I like that I can put it on my hair when it's wet, sleep on it, and then in the morning, all I have to do is spritz my head with water and fluff it a little to fix the bed hair. 

I don't like that the stuff appears, in the jar, to be composed primarily of radioactive material.  Seriously, that shade of teal doesn't occur in nature. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2007, 05:38:12 pm »

Damn. Didn't know the name was taken.

It figures, though. A hair salon I go to was about to change its name. I nominated "Trim." They found a salon in NYC or LA named that, so they didn't go for it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2007, 05:44:23 pm »

Quote from: Choopernickel
Damn. Didn't know the name was taken.

In one of the many scripts in the back of my mind that I'll probably never get to, a satire about a forbidden straight romance at an all-gay magnet high school, I would definitely want the female lead's father (to be played by John Waters, natch) to own a vintage clothing store named "Buy Curious" but... I am sure that by the time I got around to writing it, I would find a store actually named that and get all depressed and... never write the story based purely on the loss of that one throwaway gag.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2007, 02:04:05 am »

<-- has used Manipulator. Fears it.

It just seems so... unnatural. Which I suppose is part of the point of hair product. But most products at least bear a passing resemblance to things in nature, like aloe vera gel...or butter. But the Manipulator is this sort of uber goo. I think I read up on the ingredients and found it to be essentially glue. But maybe that was all a dream.

These days I just wash it, get it out of my eyes, and let it do its thing. I miss the hair I had before I got older and it got all wack and kinky. And not in the fun way.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2007, 04:11:22 am »

I'm letting my hair grow longer these days.  I'm cutting it to 1/2 inch instead of 1/4.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2007, 05:21:21 am »

I'm letting my hair grow longer these days.  I'm cutting it to 1/2 inch instead of 1/4.

YOU GOD DAMNED HIPPY!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #206 on: February 07, 2007, 02:32:06 pm »

I have decided to grow my hair out.  Usually this decision lasts about two months.  The last time I got a hair cut was early November, so I'm a month up on the norm, but I did get it cut super short last time.
 
I got so mad at it the other day.  I hate that inbetween stage when it's clearly not a style, and pieces of it stick out and others lay flat in the most unflattering way.  I swear my hair looked like Beethovan yesterday, and that was after I'd invested some serious time working on making it not look like a mullet.  It's either Beethovan or a mullet, or todays look - the hair clip/messy look.  I was thinking of going in for a shape-up type trim, but usually when I get to that point, I end up changing my mind and getting it all cut off again.  What I am saying is I have no hair growing will power.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #207 on: February 07, 2007, 04:47:24 pm »

Maybe get into hats for a few months?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2007, 09:41:07 pm »

side_show-- you have described the state of my facial hair.
It seems to take a really long time to get to the point where it looks like A Beard, rather than "that kid hasn't shaved in a while."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2007, 09:41:34 pm »

You must get your haircut nicely when you are growing it out. It took me a long time to learn this, because it seemed so counterproductive to cut my hair when I wanted it longer. But if you feel like you look horrible for the long time it takes to grow it you will never stick with it.

I would like someone else to benefit from this lesson because I have sworn I will never grow my hair long again. Although then you might wonder why I have kept all those fancy barrettes and things instead of finding them a good home.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up