Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Poll

Do you wash it every day?

Yep
Not every day

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The washing hair debate  (Read 63131 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2007, 06:48:26 pm »

I have curly hair, but not really in a good way, I guess.  I mean, I like it, but I can really only pull off two (Actually three):  Buzz Cut, Jew Fro and the butch Lesbian style that happens in the middle of those two.  Also, I rip out my hair, so the fro turns into a really curly mullet, which is when I shave it.  It was been a really good schedule recently, with me shaving it around St. Patricks day the last two years.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2007, 07:25:15 pm »

My hair is also a couple months past needs-to-be-cut, and I'm not sure what to do with it. My current plan is to get an appointment at a salon I've been informed of via the Old-Lady Network around here and just tell the stylist to do anything; after all, they filmed Steel Magnolias, the greatest hairdressing movie ever, here. What could go wrong?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2007, 07:39:23 pm »

my plan is similar. "hey man, I have been buzzing it for like 6 months. Now it is getting long, and I just want a trim... make it look OK, please."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2007, 08:00:35 pm »

I guess this is the time and place to share that I've had the same haircut since I went to a real barber at age 7. Short all around with just enough left on top to part it over to the left. I'ma about 6 weeks overdue for a trim up and when I go to the clip joint the old dudes will get pissed when I say 'Gimme a Hitler Youth'. So I won't.

But I'll think it real friggin' loud.

This has been the way I've thought of my hair ever since high school when I was hanging out at school the day after a shearing and a buddy rolled up and announced "Damn, sticking with the Hitler Youth look, 'eh!".

Talk about things that follow you...
Logged
We must repeat!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2007, 09:06:46 pm »

I go with a haircut that most people call "Marine Whitewalls", that I then let grow out until my head starts looking too enormous.  Usually this means about 4 months, which appears to be the length of time required for a stylist to forget who you are.  Every time I go in, the conversation runs something like:

S: What would you like?
Me: Clipper cut around the edges, with a 0 guard. Finger length across the top with shears.
S: A 0?  Are you sure?  That's very short.
Me: Yes.  I get it every time.
S: Has it been a long time since you got it cut?
Me: About 4 months
S: Really?  Your hair must grow really fast.

It's almost like a Monty python skit to me now, in how often I've heard it.  Less funny though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2007, 10:08:17 pm »

My hair is now obscenely long because someone bet me that if I did nothing but wash it over the Christmas break it'd go into dreadlocks. I tried to dissuade them from throwing their money away, but it failed. I could've had it cut since, but it's so much cheaper at home that I just can't bring myself to do it.

Also it makes me feel like a noble lion.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2007, 11:22:41 pm »

Also it makes me feel like a noble lion.

Hell of such as meow.

Edited to actually provide the link, which I went and dug out.  Good times.  Be sure to read the next four or five as well.
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202004
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:27:22 pm by carlosdelvaca »
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2007, 06:57:53 am »

Hell of such as meow.

Edited to actually provide the link, which I went and dug out.  Good times.  Be sure to read the next four or five as well.
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202004

Cornelius... dogg... We got maaaaaaaanes...
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2007, 01:48:07 pm »

That was a great arc.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2007, 01:52:59 pm »

That was a great arc.

Damn straight, one I'd completely forgotten about too.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2007, 01:43:17 am »

Ugh, I think I need to get my thyroid tested again because a lot of my hair is falling out. Well, not like clumps, but I notice that I'm losing a lot of it and it's worrisome.

Also, my hair is getting wretchedly dry, even though I only wash it every other day. I'm using that expensive-ass Ojon deep conditioning twice or three times a week, plus I use a small amount of my blow-dried hair, plus I use a moisturising shampoo (Aveda Sap Moss), the Ultra Hydrating Ojon conditioner, Oscar Blandi Jamine hair serum, Aveda hair wax, Moisturizing Ojon Styling Cream, and Ojon Glossing Mist.

That's a crapload of products. I shouldn't have to be using that much, but I want long hair, dammit!

Hmm. Some of the thyroid symptoms are shown in: dry hair, dry skin, hair falling out, depression. Hmmmmmm.  I just got bloodwork done like 6 months ago, but maybe I should ask the clinic about it again. :(
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2007, 02:47:05 am »

That's a crapload of products. I shouldn't have to be using that much, but I want long hair, dammit!

I swear, all you need to use is shea butter. The stuff is god's own moisturiser. It's the only thing that has even remotely helped my hair, which is too damn frizzy to behave, and naturally curly. A tiny bit of shea butter and it just makes it like normal (nay, good) hair.
That and it's a brilliant moisturiser for anything else, chapped lips and the like.

Geeez, could I be gayer?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2007, 06:05:01 am »

Geeez, could I be gayer?
Well you could like dudes.
I can't remember you mentioning that previously but I could be wrong.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2007, 10:07:12 am »

Well you could like dudes.
I can't remember you mentioning that previously but I could be wrong.

Dudes are cool, unless you're thinking that way...
Can't say I was trying the great message board outing.

Now, good hair on the other hand!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2007, 10:17:13 am »

Just trying to help, when someone stands up and wants to be gayer than they already are I'm the man with the ideas to make it happen.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up