Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island  (Read 4676 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 01:22:50 pm »

Because Ray is, if nothing else, an ass. I frickin' hate people who do this. Yes, your phone has a speaker function, good for you. That doesn't mean that you're required to hold it 2 feet from your head so we can all hear you yelling into it and the tinny voice coming out.

I'm also going to assume that by collar Ray means a polo/golf shirt, not a real collared shirt.

It is delightfully appropriate, considering the tone of your post, that the last song that you listened to, as displayed in your sig, is called "Half Asleep and Pissed Off."

By "real collared shirt," do you mean a button-down, Oxford cloth-type habiliment?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 01:26:41 pm »

I'm thinking more like a GOLF SHIRT considering they're having the ceremony on the GOLF COURSE.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 01:28:40 pm »

Sacred Heart Syndrome, on the other hand, is a heart attack induced by the unbearable weight of guilt upon your very soul.


Sacred Heart Syndrome is caused by hormonal stress induced by lusting after Catholic High School girls in plaid skirts.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 01:44:07 pm »

I'm thinking more like a GOLF SHIRT considering they're having the ceremony on the GOLF COURSE.

Well obviously.  I was asking for clarification regarding what a "real collared shirt" represents.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 02:03:45 pm »

It is delightfully appropriate, considering the tone of your post, that the last song that you listened to, as displayed in your sig, is called "Half Asleep and Pissed Off."

By "real collared shirt," do you mean a button-down, Oxford cloth-type habiliment?

It is early so I am not fully awake. And I'm generally mad at the world about something so it totally works. Although I do find it amusing that the song title sounds like something a rap-metal band would release.

It wasn't necessarily thinking button down, althouth that's certainly optional. It worked for Bob Newhart.

I have to wear a golf/polo shirt to work most days and I don't really see the point. It's not like I'm going to slap on a tie under that tiny collar that never stays folded down right so why not just let us wear plain t-shirts?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 02:11:21 pm »

Sacred Heart Syndrome is caused by hormonal stress induced by lusting after Catholic High School girls in plaid skirts.

You're tellin' me because man I know tha-


Er.. I mean, I have no idea what you're talking about.  None.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 02:16:30 pm »

I think it means that they are having the service on a golf course and that you should be properly attired as such.

However, golf afterwards will be de rigueur.

I mean, this is Ray and friends we're talking about.


My ghost will be pissed if people DON'T play golf after my funeral.  Or, for the kids, a trip to the batting cages.  I might be dead, but life goes on.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 04:04:15 am »

Man, I totally took the punchline for granted. Then again, my dad once designed golf courses for a living, and although I've only been to a few hoity-toity country clubs, you can't show up for any decent tee time in denim, sneakers, or a t-shirt. You have to be properly attired. That's what they mean by a collar -- just like jough said, it's a collared shirt. And you CANNOT wear regular shoes on a green. Once you understand how hard the maintenance guys have to work to keep that green looking pretty, you simply must wear cleated golf shoes. Your nasty old Reeboks will crush the grass and ruin the hell out of it. The cleats help keep the grass looking decent and playable for the next party.

Nobody wears a button-down oxford shirt on the course, that's just ridiculous. Fellows and ladies change out of their workaday clothes and into golf attire for a day on the green.

Golf to today's culture is what tennis was in the '80s. Sure, you can head on down to the local community center and learn how, but there's a certain way that polite society has to throw down the special rules. Hence the attire.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 04:07:02 am »

And on the other side of the coin, I golf in a kilt (one of those modern jobbies), t-shirt, and skate shoes.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 01:05:20 pm »

Yes, but you're one of those unfortunates who they put up with until you no longer serve as a source of amusment to your betters.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 02:43:53 pm »

Yes, but you're one of those unfortunates who they put up with until you no longer serve as a source of amusment to your betters.

That extends to the golf course, too?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up