Sorry to do this after Paul all defended me, but it took a while to type, and answers some of Limmo's attacks. Before his latest comment I was only going to post only the first part. Then the comment came and I typed all of this, then Paul defended me. Sorry if I seem confrontational or something, but this is a message board, I think we should be allowed the free exchange of ideas. If not here where? I try my very best not to make personal attacks, but my writing style can be hell of self righteous and sarcastic at times. Sorry, that is just the way I do it.
Oh yeah, Side Show has a friend, a really big dumb guy with lots of muscles who will do anything she says.
Ok, now the analogy is complete.
~Paul
As long as the analogies are correct.
It was probably a bad idea to start this though. I mean, I think we can all admit that both sides are pretty much wrong, or have at least done some shitty stuff each, so then it just goes to how you want to see it.
AFTER LIMMO'S ATTACK:
I've tried to include relevant links to provide historical background information, rather than being all flame-y, but Mr. Hernandez's posts are kind of grinding my gears a little bit.
All right, well there goes trying to be fuck*ng compromising and get the thread over with. You provided a link to a fuck*ng blog.
Here is the info about the blog creator:
I am an Orthodox Jew - some would even call me 'ultra-Orthodox.' Born in Boston, I was a corporate and securities attorney in New York City for seven years before making aliya to Israel in 1991 (I don't look it but I really am that old :-). I have been happily married to the same woman for nearly twenty-five years, and we have eight children (bli ayin hara) ranging in age from 2 to 22 years. Our eldest is married! Before I started blogging I was a heavy contributor on a number of email lists and ran an email list called the Matzav from 2000-2004. You can contact me at: IsraelMatzav at gmail dot com
[done]
Well, it seems like this is going to be unbiased.
It had such important information as:
But even the name of the Philistines, from which the term "Palestine" was adopted, is completely alien to the Land of Israel.
The name Philistines in Hebrew is plishtim, which comes from the Hebrew verb polshim (foreign invaders).
[done]
Are these the same foreign invaders that built a country on other peoples land and had their friends load them up with nukes?
If all of your links could tell me how Israels creation is not the root cause of all this, I would like to see it. That is what I meant when I said Israel should not exist- That the creation of Israel is the root cause of most of the problems we now have. Maybe Israel has some historical claim to the land, I will not deny that, but since when has that been good enough to actually get to take the land back? Well, I guess since 1947, actually.
From the Historical roots section of the wikipedia article, it says:
In particular, the failure of the Bar Kochba Revolt against the Roman Empire resulted in the large-scale expulsion of Jews. It was during this time that the Romans gave the name Syria Palaestina to the geographic area, in an attempt to erase Jewish ties to the land.[6] The Mishnah and Jerusalem Talmud, two of Judaism's most important religious texts, were composed in the region during this period. The Muslims conquered the land from the Byzantine Empire in 638 CE. The area was ruled by various Muslim states (interrupted by the rule of the Crusaders) before becoming part of the Ottoman Empire in 1517.
[done]
Well, the Ottomans also conquered Turkey, why don't the Eastern Orthodox get back Constantinople? Because land changes hands over time, and it is not okay to have fuck*ng big brother step in for you and take it back like 1500 years after it was first conquered.