Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Heading East  (Read 16409 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Heading East
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 03:19:24 am »

Paul, it sounds like you're never leaving the mid-West.  East is, well, EAST.

However, if you do ever head East, I'll show you some interesting points in and around Philly.  We've got a lot of weird going on around here.

The Midwest is lame.  Unless you like silos and endless fields of corn, that is.

I'd offer to show you around Richmond if you came here, but, even though I have lived here all nineteen years of my life, I have yet to learn how to find my way around the city, particularly to points of interest.  I blame growing up in the affluent and sheltered county (not "country") region, outside the city limits, for this.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 03:36:23 am »

I will show you the hell around Louisville.  The hell!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East (of Utah)
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 04:05:17 am »

Paul, it sounds like you're never leaving the mid-West.  East is, well, EAST.

Whatever, you sound like the ding-a-ling I used to work with who thinks Texas isn't in the south.  To her you see, Texas is in the West.  If you are in Georgia, yeah Texas is to the west, but to the country as a whole Texas is way more in the south than it is in the west.  If anything it's mid south, but no, that's Tennessee isn't it.  I will definitely be east of Utah and that's clearly what I meant.  Why do people cling to these outdated terms anyway?  The far west reaches of the "midwest" is totally in the eastern part of the country.

Sorry to be so bitchy, but c'mon.  Have some dignity.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 04:09:22 am »

we have this local organization called "keep charlotte wierd"

Is this something new?  Keep Austin Weird is a slogan that has been around for 20 years or more.  Stealing another towns slogan isn't weird it's creepy.  Should they change it to Keep Chorlotte Creepy?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 04:11:23 am »

I will show you the hell around Louisville.  The hell!

AWESOME!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 04:12:13 am »

Uh, I have bumper sticker on my truck: "Keep Louisville Weird". 

Maybe it's not original, but I do appreciate the sentiment.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Heading East
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 04:13:59 am »

The Midwest is lame.  Unless you like silos and endless fields of corn, that is.

Weird.. I am looking out my window right now and I see neither of those things.  Yet, somehow, I live in the Midwest.  THAT SHIT IS CRAAAZY!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 04:16:04 am »

Uh, I have bumper sticker on my truck: "Keep Louisville Weird".

Great!  Everybody wants to be weird now.  Really, i'm not joking.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 04:21:19 am »

Actually I'm relatively certain I could take you for a "good photo" hunt around this place.  IF YOU THINK YOU ARE MAN ENOUGH TO TAKE THE HUMIDITY!!**Dog knows I'm not most days.

Think about who you are talking to here.  I was born and raised in the briar patch.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Heading East
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 04:23:14 am »

Think about who you are talking to here.  I was born and raised in the briar patch.

~Paul

My friend, we have two rivers... this weekend is supposed to hit 100 with a ridiculous amount of water vapor in the air.  The only place I've ever been that was more humid was a Greenhouse in Mississippi during the summer and New Orleans in August; and I've even been to Texas.

I am pretty sure the Tropics got nothin' on this place.  But yes, a good time shall be had nonetheless if I am here.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:32:42 am by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Heading East
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 05:07:31 am »

damn, stop harping on my inability to spell weird correctly.

also: you missed your chance to say "hove some dignity," Paul.

also: apparently it is "Make Charlotte Weird," not Keep Charlotte Weird.

art cars in charlotte apparently amount to 3. two are lame, and one is awesome.

lame, lame, and awesome!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Heading East
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 05:24:43 am »

lame, lame, and awesome!

What is awesome is that guy's hair.  Serious.


I will stop harping when you start spelling it right you Jack Sampson.... they won't take kindly to that at the WU  (Tang!)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 05:43:30 am »

Good luck with the move.  You should stop by Boulder,  Colorado.  Not that I live there, it is just a nice place.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Heading East
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 05:55:29 am »

I can testify-- Boulder CO is hell of awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 06:33:24 am »

art cars in charlotte apparently amount to 3. two are lame, and one is awesome.

lame, lame, and awesome!

My friend Sarah lives in Durham.  And this dude Robert Seven lives in Ashville.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up