Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes  (Read 7842 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« on: August 01, 2006, 05:17:36 am »

Hey kids,

In honour of the board's third birthday, I thought it would be fun to reminisce a little and talk about various phrases, ideas, and memes that came not from the Achewood comic, but from this board and our discussions in particular.

I'm thinking of the obvious, like giraffe placentas, barbed cat c*ckes, and having something taken away "due to punishment," but what else?

Tiny Cans of Dr Pepper!

More?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:54:59 am »

Hitting on Hobot was kind of a thing.
and, um...

hove some dignity

I've always loved that one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:26:36 am »

EDUCATION. Whether jough's giving tips on three-way satisfaction or the finer points of learning another language, this board always comes to the rescue. Oh yeah, and education about the symbolism of breasts on a plate in a medieval painting.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 06:49:29 am »

Isn't "education" from the strip, though?

Granted, it wasn't used the way we tend to use it...

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:10:14 am »

I've been sitting on this one for a while becuase I took a pic of it with me phone when it was funny and realised I had no idea how to move it on to my computer. By the time I figured it out it wouldn't have been funny anymore, so this is your fault Jough becuase you wanted to know our favourite memes and mine is, of course....

La Gina!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 12:48:02 pm »

Oh wow. Doc wins this thread.  There is no way to top that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:55:39 pm »

How about Guests constantly viewing Q's profile?  It has lessened as of late, but I'm sure my mention of it will resurrect the trend.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 01:02:15 pm »

How about Guests constantly viewing Q's profile?  It has lessened as of late, but I'm sure my mention of it will resurrect the trend.

SHHH!  It lessened until last week for some reason.

Those guests.. they're incomprehensible!

Anyway that's not so much of a meme as it is kind of unnerving.  Now Sick Fuckitude.. that's a meme that lives on!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 02:45:39 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 02:53:10 pm »

Yes, Gina's hoo-ha is definitely one of my favourite board references.  I can't believe I missed that one.

Anyway, people only check Q's profile because they're wondering who spends THAT MUCH TIME on a message board.   Guess who's number two?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 02:59:14 pm »

Anyway, people only check Q's profile because they're wondering who spends THAT MUCH TIME on a message board.   Guess who's number two?

Goddammit!  And here I thought it was because the anonymous herd of millions (okay hundreds) just loved me that much.  I guess I should stop pegging my dignity to anonymous users.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 03:02:05 pm »

Yes, Gina's hoo-ha is definitely one of my favourite board references.  I can't believe I missed that one.

Anyway, people only check Q's profile because they're wondering who spends THAT MUCH TIME on a message board.   Guess who's number two?

That'd be me.  I'm always second-best, damnit!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 05:02:16 pm »

I guess I should stop pegging

Noooo!

Quote
my dignity to anonymous users.

Oh.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 05:39:24 pm »

It's all about the eyebrows.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 06:40:08 pm »

It's all about the eyebrows.

It's true you know.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 08:02:26 pm »

How about things from the board that have intruded into your real life?  Because of this post by Smells, we call the new pug 'squishable' about a hundred times a day.

Also there was a point at which I had the urge to give tiny cans to people elsewhere on the internet and even in person.  I suspect this may happen again if the Great Zeroing-Out has the effect I expect it to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up