Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: August Blogs!  (Read 14100 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 07:12:49 pm »

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 08:12:56 pm »

Do we have a Sick Fuck award?  Because I think mrdna is in the running to receive the second one.

I mean this in the nicest possible way of course.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 08:16:48 pm »

Do we have a Sick Fuck award?  Because I think mrdna is in the running to receive the second one.

I mean this in the nicest possible way of course.

It is quite possible he merely did this for research purposes. Cortjstr style. Now, if he had all those strips bookmarked I'd begin to worry.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 08:43:26 pm »

Do we have a Sick Fuck award?  Because I think mrdna is in the running to receive the second one.

I mean this in the nicest possible way of course.

I'm familiar enough with the archives to where I can find strips with little effort beyond hitting Ctrl+F once or twice ... likewise, I'm on summer break and have an unbelievable amount of free time in which to do silly things like that.

Hell, I went all stalker-style here a while back. If you're going to accuse me of being creepy, I think that's a better example.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 09:36:07 pm »

Yeah womby.. I mean if a dude is going to step on my territory, he's got to come correct.

The name similarity is pushing it a bit though Mr. SWF! 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 09:50:37 pm »

this is like an awkward time at school.


"so, (teacher's name), what's going on when... is anne frank a lesbian? she wants to touch her friend's boob?"
"well, Jeremy, I'm not sure what you're talking about."
me: "oh, it's on page 52!"
*awkward*

EARLIER THAT DAY:

"hey, daniel, did you see that thing on page 52? Anne Frank wants to get it on with her friend!"
"wow, really? I guess I'll remember to look that up later."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 12:02:31 am »

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 01:38:46 pm »

I am unnerved by Ray's modem analogy.  While it does make sense, it seems rather unlike Ray who, according to the recent subscriber stuff, didn't adapt to even the Internet until late because he thought it was for kids.  Unless Roast Beef gave him some sort of analogy to use?

I dunno man... just out of character it seems.  Other than that, amusing visual poetry there. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 01:39:17 pm »

Thanks, Google!

Yes, huffers are a sad lot.  I guess the appeal of their substance of choice is that it is readily available and not technically illegal.  But man, that shit will wreak havoc on your brain, as Onstad rightly points out.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 09:07:19 am »

Really liked Onstad's blog.  Probably I am partial to it because I also play with old wooden clubs from the 70's my dad bought, am horrible, and am annoyingly against modern clubs.

However, for some reason this blog seems to go deeper with me.  I am no Luddite, but modern technology and media seems to really bug me.  I enjoy technology alot, it is just the way it us used by some.  It isn't about golf, it is about my generation being *****s, but that is probably the drugs talking.  Seriously though, fuck junior salesmen.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 10:16:22 am »

The pub story is a good example of a side-event set in the blog. While it's only occassionally updated, it's alright because we can make up the rest of the story ourselves. That's why readers are good for Onstad; we help fill in the blanks. For free.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 11:06:15 am »

Heh.. "My goodness. I don't suppose I have that sort of ear, no."

Given Mr. Bear's fear for his trumpet due to Lyle stating he could play one "with his cock", I can only imagine what he thought of to go along with Ray's "jizz ear" statement.

Also Ray seems more offended that the dog is fat rather than the fact that it is trespassing.  All licking the remnants off of his grill utensils.  Tsk.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 01:08:27 pm »

Jizz ear? Clearly the niche porn industry has gone too far. That's just not sexy at all.

Given what golf costs to play I cannot wrap my mind around its continued popularity. Hell, just the fact that you have to make an appointment 2 weeks out just to participate in the game at all boggles my mind. Not to mention that 6:30am is a popular time to start. People there are only two acceptable activities at 6:30am: sleeping and winding down from a really great party.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 01:10:58 pm »

People there are only two three acceptable activities at 6:30am: sleeping and winding down from a really great party.

Fixed that for you.

(You can guess the third, maybe.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August Blogs!
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 01:13:58 pm »

Fixed that for you.

(You can guess the third, maybe.)

Well that one goes without saying.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up