Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Poll

Marmite: Yes or No?

Yes
No
Neutral

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Marmite  (Read 4057 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Marmite
« on: August 09, 2006, 03:49:43 am »

I hate living on an island at times. We have a limited stock of shit that the grocery store will deign to sell us.  A friend of mine tried to send me Marmite but it got held back at the border. WTF, customs agents? It's vegan, for fuck's sake! There is no mad cow bone marrow in it, you fucks!

So anyway, I decided to buy it online. After getting pissy that Amazon didn't have the kind of lemon curd that I like, which I also cannot get here, I looked for other sites. Then I ended up buying Marmite, a tea pot, and a ten dollar canister of tea. I either need a roommate who is willing to hide my wallet, or a husband who makes more money than I can spend. And I forgot the lemon curd.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Marmite
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 05:11:16 am »

linnea, I will marry you hide your wallet for you, if you want.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Marmite
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 05:19:17 am »

Didn't we do a whole thread on vegemite and marmite and bovril and other gross stuff non-americans eat?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Marmite
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 05:39:58 am »

I demand a "neutral on the marmite question" option!
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Marmite
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 05:43:31 am »

Do they sell Marmite in the contenital U.S.? 

I have never had or seen it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Marmite
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 11:34:12 am »

I voted No. Compared to Bovril, Marmite is just icky.

Bovril is vegan too!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Marmite
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 01:34:26 am »

Didn't we do a whole thread on vegemite and marmite and bovril and other gross stuff non-americans eat?
Shit, I didn't think to check. I was so enraged at the fuck*ng Customs agents seizing my Marmite and Oxo bullion cubes that I must've forgotten to check.

I demand a "neutral on the marmite question" option!
Your wish is my command! On polls that I have created, anyway.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Marmite
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 01:43:16 am »

Hooray! I am now officially... "netural!"

Is that related to Webcest?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Marmite
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 01:46:26 am »

Hooray! I am now officially... "netural!"

Is that related to Webcest?

Thank you, smartass. It has been changed again to reflect your NEUTRAL desires. Much love.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Marmite
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 05:25:58 am »

I voted No. Compared to Bovril, Marmite is just icky.

Bovril is vegan too!

"Bovril, formerly a beef extract, now is the trademarked name of a thick, salty yeast extract, sold in a distinctive, bulbous jar."

Seriously...when last I heard most of those words strung together like that, the teachers had separated the boys and the girls, and had us watch a film strip.  So horrible sounding.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Marmite
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 06:27:17 am »

linnea, I will marry you hide your wallet for you, if you want.

We can get married if you are willing to support me for the rest of my life so that I can sleep in, surf the internet, and knit all day. You must be willing to coddle and provide for Milan and Lennybruce, my Scottish Folds. They do not allow any other quadripeds in the house. You also have to be willing to lavish me with ridiculous amounts of money so that I can buy the cosmetics, yarn, and clothes that I need. I also require jewelry and a spouse who doesn't care if I spend a lot of time training with other crazy-ass firefighters/medics. Hey, I don't ask for much. Now you are all understand why i am still single.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Marmite
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 03:51:29 pm »

Shallowrific!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Marmite
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 03:57:13 pm »

I'm impressed that you didn't mention "you have to be willing to be 'pegged'" so I guess at least I have that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Marmite
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 04:04:36 pm »

I'm impressed that you didn't mention "you have to be willing to be 'pegged'" so I guess at least I have that.

Did somebody say "pegged"?!

...

Uh, I mean ... How about that local sports team?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Marmite
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 08:57:10 pm »

My take:
Marmite is the most disgusting thing on Earth. I can't stand the stuff.
And yet I will have it on toast. Now and then.

I voted no, as I categorically hate it. Despite.
Yep...

I think that's why I'm single...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up