Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography  (Read 5205 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 01:45:26 am »

I like to see the poses from Ray in Berlin. Drinking sodas and spending all your Euros. The Cat Cack is a little too much, but whatever, Pat's an asshole and that's how he likes it. 

However, seeing Pat's moment of honesty is disconcerting. my mind simply cannot conceive of a world where Pat is Nice. I bet that he will have a drunken fling with Nice Pete and will end up buried alive by Pete, flung into Davy Jones' locker, limp body stuffed into the back of Pete's van, &c. Then maybe we will get an interesting dynamic shot of Pat in heaven/hell.

Well penile-electrocution made Pat nice. Maybe his meaness really does have something to do with his wang.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 03:09:01 am »

Yeah, I've been wondering about this too.  Pat has been nice before.  Ultra-nice as opposed to ultra-jerk.  Setting aside the possibilities of a phallo-centric mechanism for these personalities, what's left for Pat if his awakening to his new sexual identity does result in significant character changes?

Pat is an extreme character.  Usually he's an extreme ass.  When he was nice, he was X-nice.  Pat doesn't do things halfway.  He takes things to their logical, if obnoxious, extremes.  Will self-realization remove this trait?  What is it they say: "the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference."  Will Pat go from being an extremist to a non-descript, indifferent character?  And what fun would Pat be then?

I could be overthinking. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 03:56:28 am »

Well judging from this angle (and maybe from the photos), Pat would be ridiculously flaming gay maybe?  So gay that he makes the very concept of gayness itself sort of tiny and insignificant.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 04:09:30 am »

I'm just waiting for when the George Michael arc crashes into this one.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 04:13:31 am »

I'm just waiting for when the George Michael arc crashes into this one.

Pat and George Michael meet, commence with the Maximum Cuddles, and then are murdered by a jealous Nice Pete?

I'd read it. And buy the shirt.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 04:27:32 am »

"what'cha reading there, sarah?"
"oh, it's called "The Gay Agenda..." it's about how to turn all of your hot friends into lesbians."
"oh my god, are you serious? I don't want to be gay!"

that was the greatest moment of my life, and I wasn't even there. Hearing that story made me happier on a high level.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 04:52:39 am »

Pat and George Michael meet, commence with the Maximum Cuddles, and then are murdered by a jealous Nice Pete?

I'd read it. And buy the shirt.

Holy shit, v, it's like you were reading my secret fantasy dream book. You rule.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 11:36:58 am »

I've always been a big fan of the maxim 'The best characters don't need no stinking development' so if this has lasting changes on Pat I'm not sure how I'd feel.
I'm all for it being Lie-bot.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 05:07:59 pm »

I thought Pat refused to wear a tie, as indicated in one of Ray's blogs about throwing a black-tie party. Maybe he only wears it when he thinks someone has died?

Onstad has altered the alt-text to answer your question: that's a will-readin' tie.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 05:16:27 pm »

Onstad has altered the alt-text to answer your question: that's a will-readin' tie.

That's the only alt-text I've seen; what was it before?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 05:52:36 pm »

Onstad has altered the alt-text to answer your question: that's a will-readin' tie.

This was the alt-text at the time I read it, or very nearly so. Hence my statement about his thinking someone had died.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up