Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Navy Visitors!  (Read 7710 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 11:11:12 pm »

Also fun with stats is to see which users are adding or deducting karma, and which users seem to be removing cans from many users once per hour.  I
Publish, publish!
See, I would like to think that people have vendettas against me, but I'm forced to conclude that I'm just that unpleasant and that tiny can deductions represent the due shanking that can't take place over the internet. For you, though, it'd have to be a vendetta.
This is the second time I've seen you mention this. I'm sure you're aware, but just in case, you know that the can counts were reset recently, right?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 02:02:42 am »

I'm sure you're aware, but just in case, you know that the can counts were reset recently, right?

Er, yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm just commenting on the fact that, even now, I seem to be constantly losing cans, and I can't tell why aside from "people just really dislike me."
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 02:44:11 am »

Everyone out there's been losin' em V... not just you I promise.  I had 30!  (I mean.. jough took like 11 of those but still!)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 02:54:23 am »

It's an epidemic.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2006, 05:51:43 am »

I got email this morning from a member (who may or may not have posted to this thread) who was upset about their can losses, dude.  "What did I do wrong?"

Don't worry about your cans.  Just be a good poster and the good lord will provide.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 06:07:24 am »

I never worried about cans until they got reset and then I was horrified to see I lost all four of my precious little ones in a single day.
I just figured people to exception to me ragging on Paul in the meme thread.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 06:11:25 am »

It doesn't bother me now that I know everyone is being randomly decanned on a spree. What bothered me was the idea that someone disliked me personally enough to put a sustained effort into decreasing my can count. If it's someone putting sustained effort into being a general dickweed, well, whatever, he's a dickweed. I didn't do anything wrong.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 11:55:23 am »

I like the randomness 'cause it fucks with the 'system' and keeps us all humble and paranoid.


Aw jeez guys I get enough to keep me humble and paranoid in real life. You don't?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 12:57:47 pm »

Random bum fargery, on the other hand, entertains me. I was wondering if there was a 'secret punishment toll' instituted to seemingly common place actions and the concept really pleased me. I want to see what happens when we are punished in a meaningless manner for no reason we can discern.

Suddenly the whole board turns into a giant game of Mao with only Jough knowing the rules. I so suck at games like that I'd have -25 cans in like an hour.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 01:09:25 pm »

Suddenly the whole board turns into a giant game of Mao with only Jough knowing the rules. I so suck at games like that I'd have -25 cans in like an hour.

POINT OF ORDER!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 09:47:20 pm »

I like the randomness 'cause it fucks with the 'system' and keeps us all humble and paranoid.

If I had a menu option to not display the user karma areas I would check it 'cause I just don't give enough of a shit. I know which posters are non-crap just by reading, I don't need a tittie suck poll to inform me of the favour of the moment. That provides zero entertainment for me.

Random bum fargery, on the other hand, entertains me. I was wondering if there was a 'secret punishment toll' instituted to seemingly common place actions and the concept really pleased me. I want to see what happens when we are punished in a meaningless manner for no reason we can discern.

I bet there would be some classic freakouts.

Or, people would ignore the karma stats.

It's all good.
Oh, this is just a ploy to get precious, precious cans.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Navy Visitors!
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 11:13:50 pm »

Oh, this is just a ploy to get precious, precious cans.
I posted this and then gave Asherdan cans a couple times to make it seem like my goofy statement had merit (and also because I liked his take on the cans). Now I've shown my hand and the loop has doubled back or something.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 11:53:01 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up