Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!  (Read 12105 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2006, 06:25:25 pm »

I feel like the carbonation and acidity of soda might do a good job in clearing out any...mawkish residue.

Ladies and/or fellows who dig fellows, care to weigh in on this?

I'm impressed we got this far without mentioning barbs

...

Fuck!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 07:39:46 pm »

I'm impressed we got this far without mentioning barbs


Well where's the pleasure in that? If people place a nice chocky in their mouth, they don't want their cheeks pierced.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 08:19:01 pm »

I also might adopt the line 'Don't sass me when I'm grumpy. I'll have you slayed.' That would work for me.

I am very fond of the difference in word choice between "don't sass me when I'm grumpy" and "I'll have you slayed." It sounds like Ray was trying to copy one of Pat's Trials of Honor insults and critically miscalculated.

(It's especially terrifying when you realize that Ray probably could have Teodor slayed if he wanted to. All selling him out to Ottawa Modified Death and having him served with Meyer Lemon Weissbier later...)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 08:26:03 pm »

Well where's the pleasure in that? If people place a nice chocky in their mouth, they don't want their cheeks pierced.

Crunchy frog!!

Thinking about anything but Ray's barbed c*ck and the stuffed bear!!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 08:36:51 pm »

These days, I guess Ray can be nonchalant about receiving a bj, but a few years ago and he would goin' wild, arms in the air and "YEAH BABY COME SEE WHO RAY IS."
Logged
ACHIEVE

talgkjertel

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 11:44:17 pm »

Okay, your comments drew me back into reading the strip again today.

You run an Achewood message board. Enough with the inferiority complex.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:49:01 pm by talgkjertel »
Logged

Bagger?

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2006, 03:02:11 am »

This strip has made me seriously reconsider my own fear and loathing of shopping for shampoo. Maybe my frustration at the shampoo isle is really just a venue for pent up sexual energy? I mean, every time I’m looking at the bottles I just can’t stop thinking it is really weird that they require us to know the specific scientific (commercial?) qualities of our hair, like if it is dry or frizzy. And then they also require us to know what we want our hair to be like, such as “Smooth”, or “Silky”. I find it irritating that none of the shampoo companies really cater towards the group of dirty haired people who just want it clean. I cannot find a shampoo that says “For clean hair” and just ends there, and this really makes me mad. Now I’m thinking I just need a blowjob.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2006, 03:37:58 am »

This strip has made me seriously reconsider my own fear and loathing of shopping for shampoo.

The next time you're in the shampoo aisle, just grab a bottle, flip open the cap, and smell it. If you like it, put it in the cart. If you hate it, close the lid and put it back. Repeat until you have found a bottle that you like. Purchase said bottle. That is all you need to know about shopping for shampoo, because all shampoo is gonna cleanse your hair. All you have to do is pick one. Since you're going to be smelling that shampoo every morning for at least a couple months, you might as well pick one that smells good.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2006, 04:36:24 am »

That is all you need to know about shopping for shampoo, because all shampoo is gonna cleanse your hair. All you have to do is pick one.

There's satisfying shampoo waiting to come out of your local supermarket or drugstore. All you have to do is pick one and put it in your shower.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2006, 04:43:59 am »

You run an Achewood message board. Enough with the inferiority complex.

To be honest, if I had not made friends here and did not enjoy engaging in conversation with most of you on a regular basis, I would likely not still be reading Achewood every day.

I haven't read the blogs in ages, and don't generally unless something in a thread sounds interesting and I want to see the antecedent of the conversation.

Bagger?

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2006, 08:22:01 am »

There's satisfying shampoo waiting to come out of your local supermarket or drugstore. All you have to do is pick one and put it in your shower.

Quote from: linnea
The next time you're in the shampoo aisle, just grab a bottle, flip open the cap, and smell it.

Man, fuck y'all.

Just wasn't the point. You know this.

Edit: We can... open the shampoo in the store? I'm going to have to take this into consideration. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:30:08 am by Bagger? »
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2006, 02:46:39 pm »

I use Green Death Prell to clean my hair.  It doesn't have any conditioners, perfumes, or other crap to get in the way of making my hair clean.  It's about the closest thing I can find to a straight detergent for my head.

I used to use this shampoo you couldn't even buy in the supermarket and could only get at "authorised dealers" called "Cherimoya Clenz."  It smelled really nice because it was supposed to have actual fruit in it.  It never really got my hair as clean as Prell does, though, although it cost 17x as much as Prell.

Actually, having said all of that, CC did make my hair really soft.  Maybe I'll pick up a bottle...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 02:50:56 pm by jough »
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2006, 05:45:48 pm »

And Ray's realisation that he really should have at least brought Teodor a soda as recompense. Recompense or remuneration, I'm not sure...

I dunno, I think the offer of a soda was... like... not so much a payment for the act as it was... and expected niceity associated with a sexual favour. You know, you go over to Gramma's and you get a piece of hard candy when you walk in... not so much as your payment, that will come later in the form of a check or a few dress shirts, but just as a polite token.

The mushroom kabob dinner was the offer of payment, if there was one.

I'm not sure if this was a pun on the idea of a "mushroom dinner" but... I should hope so.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2006, 06:09:46 pm »

I just wanted to point out that "Nice work down there, by the way" is the best awkward compliment during a sexual act ever.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2006, 07:52:11 pm »

...really? You don't say "nice job!" afterwards?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up