Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Most-hated chore/responsibility?  (Read 17609 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 09:53:12 pm »

(since when the hell would you ever need to soak a knife?)

When someone has used a microserrated knife to cut salami and then decided not to rinse it, that's when.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 01:09:05 am »

Heh - she thinks I'm V.  I'm complimented.  Unless "I'm with smells" now just refers to any female poster...

Fuck! Sorry about that.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 02:17:03 am »

I have drawn two conclusions from this thread so far:  That one should housebreak the dog and buy salami already sliced.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 03:32:24 am »

I think Somebody nice is just saying that V smells.

Man, that ain't no way to be talking to someone, linnea!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 04:14:41 am »

I didn't mean it like that! I hang my head in shame.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 04:59:14 am »

When someone has used a microserrated knife to cut salami and then decided not to rinse it, that's when.

Uh... entirely fair. I believe this is a good argument for rinsing, though, because nobody likes cleaning up nasty little salami nodules from microserrations.
Logged

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 03:09:06 pm »

I think my most hated chore is cleaning up the copious amounts of cat puke my cats leave behind.  Well, it's mostly just the one cat.  She competitively eats, even though we leave out dry food at all times, and fresh water; but she still insists on trying to eat all the food.  Then she can't keep it inside the cat.  Blech.  That is disgusting. 

I also hate our wall-to-wall carpeting.  It seems to attract and hold stains.  Ew.  But at least we get a free carpet cleaning each year at our apartment complex.  But I can't wait to have a place with cork flooring (a girl can dream, can't she?).  EZ clean-up.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 04:30:20 pm »

I hate sweeping the gravel drive every weekend. See, our house is at the beginning of a fairly long stretch with multiple houses along it, so our little bit of the gravel gets every single vehicle that makes use of the drive going over it. So every evening I have to cover up the mess created by the milkman/postman/fuck*ng SUV next door. It's boring, tiring and dusty work.

Not doing it would be out of the question, though. Got to keep up appearances, musn't grumble.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 07:25:28 pm »

I think my most hated chore is cleaning up the copious amounts of cat puke my cats leave behind.  Well, it's mostly just the one cat.  She competitively eats, even though we leave out dry food at all times, and fresh water; but she still insists on trying to eat all the food.  Then she can't keep it inside the cat.  Blech.  That is disgusting. 

I also hate our wall-to-wall carpeting.  It seems to attract and hold stains.  Ew.  But at least we get a free carpet cleaning each year at our apartment complex.  But I can't wait to have a place with cork flooring (a girl can dream, can't she?).  EZ clean-up.
If your cat is eating too quickly, try putting a ping-pong ball in its food dish.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 08:19:18 pm »

If your cat has a crazy appetite but throws up everything it eats, it could have something serious wrong with it.  Make sure you've had it checked by a vet before you write it off as the usual sort of cat that just barfs as a hobby.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 10:35:12 pm »

I hell of hate vacuuming but I think that's because I always seem to get stuck with it. Sweeping I love ever since I had  McJob years ago and learned the zen pleasure of sweeping with one of those old style big witch-type brooms.

My ultimate least favourite job is using eye-burningly powerful antibacterial stuff to clean mould off the ceiling above the shower without goggles. But I only ever did that once, I leave the fan on when I shower now and the mould has not returned.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 10:40:59 pm »

I hate vacuuming and cleaning the underside of the range hood.  The grease that collects there is unlike anything I've ever cooked with.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 11:17:06 pm »

We don't have a range hood and I've always wondered where all that stuff goes instead.  Yeah, the paint behind the back of the stove and the cabinet above it are a little spotty, but not at all like you'd expect.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 02:15:36 am »

See, I love vacuuming, because it feels so clean and efficient in terms of time spent. Ten minutes of pushing a machine around, and damn! My floor is totally clean! You can even see the little stripes of cleanliness as you make progress, which is extremely great. I like doing the laundry for the same reason; while it requires skill, the effort required in most situations is negligible, and the results are wonderfully clean and delicious.

Daaayum! that is one hell of a poetic description of vacuuming, a sentiment which I share completely. The stripes of cleanliness are awesome. When I am done vacuuming I try to preserve vast swaths of those areas, so that I can look at them later and feel superior in my house's cleanliness. If I didn't have cats, I would buy the carpet powder and shake it about just prior to vacuuming, because it leaves a nice scent when you're done. However, I worry about it hurting the moggies' respiratory tracts, so I don't use it.

EDIT: Dammit a song by Norah Jones (daughter of Ravi Shankar!) just came on last.fm and it reminds me of my awesome ex-boyfriend who is now in Florida and I will probably never see again. Does anyone else have this nasty habit of wallowing in regret? I hate myself for doing it.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Most-hated chore/responsibility?
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 03:19:41 am »

See, it's not the vacuuming I hate; it's the noise.  The horrible, terrifying noise! 

I didn't vacuum my dorm room once last year for this very reason; luckily, I have a flokati rug that accumulates just about everything without ever looking dirty or filled with dust bunnies (because it is basically a big ol' rectangle of sheep hair and dust bunnies anyway).  But this year, I'll probably just wear ear plugs while vacuuming.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up