Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)  (Read 11294 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 03:30:54 pm »

fuck*ng Eagles fuck*ng McNabb fuck fuck fuck.  We are so fucked.  Being a Philadelphia sports fan BITES MY ASS.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 03:31:12 pm »

OK, anyone who gives a crap about football, who should I start for my fantasy team this week?
Trent Green (KC) vs. Denver tomorrow, or Matt Hasselbeck (Seattle) vs. Green Bay Monday night?

On the one hand, Green Bay's pass defense is much shittier than Denver's.  On the other, it'll be Hasselbeck's first game back from injury.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 04:08:15 pm »

Definitely Hasselbeck.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 05:20:31 pm »

Trent Green is still shaking out some cobwebs from his stay on the DL, so I'd go with Hasselbeck.

Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 08:30:16 pm »

I would trade them both for McNair or someone similar.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2006, 09:38:57 am »

Got to go Hasselbeck, Denver's d is too strong.  Green just came back from the DL last week, and one of these guys is a Super Bowl corterback, on a better team (maybe not playing like it now, though).  Plus, Green is playing a tough divisional rival.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 11:32:24 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 01:05:50 am »

Definitely Hasselbeck.

Why do you have an opinion about American football?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2006, 05:14:24 am »

Well, Green held up his end of the bargain by basically not doing anything.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2006, 12:40:26 pm »

Why do you have an opinion about American football?

Carlos asked a question, so I did a bit of research on the game and thought Hasselbeck seemed a better option.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 02:01:13 pm »

Does anyone have the NFL network?  If yes, how was the coverage?

On that subject, does anyone have any kind of League Pass or Direct TV or anything?
Logged
ACHIEVE

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2006, 06:15:34 pm »

I watched a little bit of the game on NFL Network last night.  Seemed pretty run-of-the-mill.  Bryant Gumbel seems a bit rusty as a commentator, though.  He called too much of the game like it was a radio broadcast--"Johnson turns it outside!"  Yes I can SEE THAT, ass.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2006, 11:46:27 pm »

Jesus Cock I wish I had seen this. Anyway, I'm in first in my family fantasy football league, going into the playoffs. Of course, I drafted Tomlinson, so how fair is that?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2006, 01:07:25 am »

I'm pretty happy with the way my season has turned out so far.  I drafted 18th in a leage of 20, but entered the playoffs as the 3 seed.  I've had a pretty inconsistent day, so I really can't figure out if I'll be able to win in round 1 or not.  For instance, Bulger did nothing (thanks, Oakland, for not stopping the run) but I was against Eli Manning who did nothing and threw two picks.

Of course the problem with 20-person leagues is that I'm forced to decide between mediocre starters every week and basically get screwed if someone's #3 never gets thrown to, but that's what makes it "fun," right?

Your drafting of Tomlinson reminds me of 2004, when one guy had Peyton Manning and T.O. on his team.  Steamrolled us all and went undefeated... then in week 16 (playoffs) Owens got hurt and Manning shut it down.  I almost felt sorry for him.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2006, 01:14:51 am »

Oh, and it seems that the Law of Defenses is still holding true.  I went with Jacksonville's D instead of Tennessee's today, and of course Tennessee's defense/special teams scored twice on Jacksonville, taking me out of the "low score bonus" points even though the defense didn't technically give those points up...

I hate that rule.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Let me fulfill your fantasy (football)
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2006, 02:28:44 am »

I'm pretty happy with the way my season has turned out so far.  I drafted 18th in a leage of 20, but entered the playoffs as the 3 seed.  I've had a pretty inconsistent day, so I really can't figure out if I'll be able to win in round 1 or not.  For instance, Bulger did nothing (thanks, Oakland, for not stopping the run) but I was against Eli Manning who did nothing and threw two picks.

Of course the problem with 20-person leagues is that I'm forced to decide between mediocre starters every week and basically get screwed if someone's #3 never gets thrown to, but that's what makes it "fun," right?

Your drafting of Tomlinson reminds me of 2004, when one guy had Peyton Manning and T.O. on his team.  Steamrolled us all and went undefeated... then in week 16 (playoffs) Owens got hurt and Manning shut it down.  I almost felt sorry for him.

A league of 20? That just doesn't seem fun to me. Also, I've got LT and Frank Gore; Holt, TO, Walker & Ward (although I picked him up after he got hurt); and San Diego's defense. However, I've got Rex Grossman, who has had probably more negative-point games than anyone ever has in fantasy football. Also, he had a -10 point game, which I believe is unprecedented.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up