Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this where introductions go?  (Read 12554 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 12:19:20 pm »

unless you made a lot of cavernous-pu$$y jokes and I missed them

He knows Gina?

Edit: Also Pimp, that post from V counted as encouragement, which is rather rare around here, this meanns she thinks your good people take this as a sign.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 12:26:18 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 12:39:45 pm »

Just don't talk about #####s or ******, and you'll be fine.

Oh, fiendish, V. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 12:47:07 pm »

Don't worry, dude; that was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Trust me, you're dignified enough at this point, unless you made a lot of cavernous-pu$$y jokes and I missed them. Just don't talk about #####s or ******, and you'll be fine.

Why does everybody always forget about %%%%%?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 07:33:18 pm »

In regard to the origin of tiny cans, the first use of the terminology, I believe, came from our dear departed Bozack.  Oh Bozack, how I miss you so!  *weeps*

If skitters can't handle a tiny bit of ribbing maybe he is right to take to the hills, for ribbing is what we do here.  We take pleasure in it.  In regard to V, skiiters, you were ribbed for her pleasure.  And mine.  Don't take it so personal.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 08:09:23 pm »

Wait, who warned whom about what now?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 08:13:30 pm »

In regard to the origin of tiny cans, the first use of the terminology, I believe, came from our dear departed Bozack.  Oh Bozack, how I miss you so!  *weeps*

If skitters can't handle a tiny bit of ribbing maybe he is right to take to the hills, for ribbing is what we do here.  We take pleasure in it.  In regard to V, skiiters, you were ribbed for her pleasure.  And mine.  Don't take it so personal.

I too recall Bozack starting the whole thing. But the oldest reference I can find it here which is actually after the blog entry that Q linked above...
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 08:26:52 pm »

Wait, who warned whom about what now?

I don't know what skitters wrote since he deleted it himself, but here is what V wrote.  Her response is just good mod'ing as far as I can tell, though I don't know what Dokuro-chan is/are.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 08:39:27 pm »

Why does everybody always forget about %%%%%?

Do I have to turn in my modding badge for not knowing what this is?  Or is Cort teasing us?

Oh, and don't forget hosss.  Drives me crazy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 10:11:46 pm »

Do I have to turn in my modding badge for not knowing what this is?  Or is Cort teasing us?

Oh, and don't forget hosss.  Drives me crazy.

fuck*ng %%%%% and his ***** hoss that doesn't wear #####!
Logged

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 11:33:27 pm »

Quote from: side_show
If skitters can't handle a tiny bit of ribbing maybe he is right to take to the hills, for ribbing is what we do here.  We take pleasure in it.  In regard to V, skiiters, you were ribbed for her pleasure.  And mine.  Don't take it so personal.

  It's very hard to tell over the internet how seriously people mean things. I thought it was meant seriously, so I assumed I already angered a mod, which usually means the banning stick is looming in the distance. My thought was "alright, I'll get out while it's my choice".

Wait, who warned whom about what now?

 In the sushi thread I wrote a post, then I deleted it after the warning from a mod. The first half of the post was just a recomendation for a local sushi shop, which I'm assuming wasn't the objectionable part. The second half was:

Quote
The Japanese can do almost no wrong in my book.
Have you watched a cartoon lately? 
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 12:17:25 am »

so, I was kind of assuming it must have been some crazy japanese porn or something. I am disappointed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 12:31:23 am »

Skitters*, you are dang courteous indeed. Rarely have I seen a new person on any forum spend so long wiping their feet on the mat, apologising profusely for bothering us and asking whether "is this not a good time and maybe I should come back next week". So to speak.

I, for one, am glad that we have Pimp Skitters.



*I am sorry for basically referring to you as 'Diarrhoea'. I'm glad no-one could ever misappropriate my name in such a way.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 12:34:06 am »

Seriously, dude. Your response has been hella classy; I applaud you. My reaction to Dokuro-chan was mostly kneejerk, because this particular monstrosity was shown to me recently with no warning at all, in full-size, and I just about threw up. A tiny version, while still enough to get me all about the "GAH NO," is comparatively benign.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 12:43:38 am »

I'm not sure what the fuck is objectionable about that, but I guess V got her knickers in a twist about the Japanese this week or something. 

Don't worry, dude.  The only mod you have to worry about pissing off is me, and I'm pretty easy-going about anything but spam and abuse of other members.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where introductions go?
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 02:59:02 am »

See, I think V, like all us ladies of the board, just has memories of a certain Asian poster and his overly friendly private messages involving a certain raging boner,* and so any new poster who refers to anything Asian, is basically suspect. 

Does skitters have a furious ding-dong?  Hopefully he'll never show us, if he grows up to be like Mr. Q, maybe we will see it...  somewhere... on IRC... we all cower in fear at the possibility.

Skitters, you are welcome, as long as you do not bone me.  Or wear a tiny crown after boning.   Boning.  Bone...

* the term "boner" makes me feel so 6th grade. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up