Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!  (Read 6897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 04:49:55 pm »

IMHO tit jokes are kinda gauche, but so is Sarah Silverman.

Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey need to have some sort of battle to the death... because there's only room for one female comic that we pretend is funny because she's really hot in a dorky kind of way in our culture at any one time. Janeane Garafolo, as their predecessor, would definitely have to be the referee.

I imagine that Tina Fey would win, what with the Hedelberg dueling scar and all, she clearly has experience in these matters.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 06:14:40 pm »

sarah silverman is Hot.

those are some fun little tits-- also, samantha mathis' are pretty nice.

also: I just watched SLC punk the other day. Empire records is next up!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 07:08:57 pm »

   Does anyone actually own one of those vacums? It seems to me something that would either terrorize or infuriate pets...
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 07:37:00 pm »

CRYING GAME.  :(
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 07:54:35 pm »

My friend's parents have one.  Every night, it whirrs about the house, clanking into stuff and making a rukus.  I like to tease it, and try to put cups on it as if it were a waiter, but it has no stair skills so it has issues getting to the kitchen.
Logged
~

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006: Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 08:37:26 pm »

Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey need to have some sort of battle to the death... because there's only room for one female comic that we pretend is funny because she's really hot in a dorky kind of way in our culture at any one time. Janeane Garafolo, as their predecessor, would definitely have to be the referee.

I imagine that Tina Fey would win, what with the Hedelberg dueling scar and all, she clearly has experience in these matters.

This is probably truer than anything anybody has ever said.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 08:42:08 pm »

See, I loved Pump Up the Volume as a teen.  I had parts of it memorized.  I still have the soundtrack, on cassette, in my car.  But I think Onstad really sums it up well: rebellion and the distracting inclusion of a topless scene by Samantha Mathis.

oh, me too totally. i think i'm still in love with nora. i got the cassestte soundtrack a few months ago. "everybody knows is still one of my favorie songs. (Cohen version.)

(BTW, hi,again,  if you remember me. i haven't been here in like years.)
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 08:42:19 pm »

I was always kinda partial to Lisa Loeb.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 08:55:18 pm »

I was always kinda partial to Lisa Loeb.

my theory is that lisa loeb started the whole cute/hot indie/emo glasses girl thing. of course this caught on in a much bigger way with dudes, unfortunately. dudes took that and turned it into a thing that makes me wannna punch.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 09:14:30 pm »

dude, no. My love of girls with cute glasses has nothing to do with any movie. It is an archetype as old as time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 11:30:42 pm »

Yeah, dudes don't rock the emo/indie "cute" thing well unless they are gay.

My new glasses do make me look like a dude who chooses fonts for a living, though.  They are designer frames and therefore way too expensive and chic-looking.  They are also made of industrial plexiglass - the kind you'd find at a check cashing place for the purposes of stopping bullets.

Of course, if someone shoots me in the eye I don't think the specs would help much.

</digression>

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 02:55:25 am »

  I find glasses have an odd effect: they cut down aggression from other guys. I'm like Clark Kent that way: with contacts, I get the "Hey! Who do you think you are being taller than me!?" vibe, but with glasses, apparently some "Glasses, must be some harmless geek" instinct overrides that.  I often choose which to use based on my planned company for the day.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 03:01:00 am »

What I love is that women never miss an opportunity to tell me how much better I look without my glasses.  I like having the option to be blind and a pimp or a geek who doesn't run into everything.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 05:11:37 am »

Heh... I have these great Vera Wang tortoiseshell frames that I effing LOVE. I get compliments on them all the time. Worth every penny, just like my purebred Scottish Folds.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 1 Sep 2006 - Talk hard! Say opinions!
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 03:59:13 pm »

I have depended upon and worn glasses since the third grade, and they have become an intrinsic part of my identity.  I was rather upset when a pair of glasses I had worn for three or four years (those pictured in my avatar) broke over the holidays last year.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up