Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My New Artcar  (Read 3308 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
My New Artcar
« on: September 03, 2006, 04:17:38 pm »

This is gonna be sweet.  Hoping to have it ready to drive to Berekely in a week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/231982181/

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 05:22:38 pm »

Looks awesome, Paul. Enjoy the ride!

I'm a highway star
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 06:14:33 pm »

Fantastic!  I love that the design is based upon your photography, another one of your well-known hobbies.

Good luck!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 06:15:57 pm »

I forgot to mention that I am searching for a name.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 08:30:32 pm »

Photos + Artcar = Phartcar

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 08:55:24 pm »

For some reason, Moving Pictures sounds good to me at first but gets steadily more ugly on the jug handles; eventually, I feel such a suggestion should be laughed at.

I still like the idea of photos moving at high speeds being part of the name. Can anyone name me the art/photo equivalent of Fast Food?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 09:56:59 pm »

Norman Rockwell?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 11:02:54 pm »

Artcar Kinkade: Painter of Light?

Seriously, Paul, this is super-rad. Share photos once that beauty's on the road! (Er, not that I have to tell you...)
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 01:49:03 am »

Take a photo of the artcar and put in ON the artcar!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 04:38:04 am »

Take a photo of your artcar with a photo of your artcar on it with a photo of your artcar on it. Continue the recursions until it's no longer ironic.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 04:45:02 am »

Take a photo of your artcar with a photo of your artcar on it with a photo of your artcar on it. Continue the recursions until it's no longer ironic.

This is a good idea.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 07:00:00 pm »

Van-Go? (probably better for a Van Gogh inspired van...)
Snap-Shot-Gun?
Snappy Van?
Art-Cara-Van?
Snap-Shots on a Mother-Fuckin' Van?
This-Van-Is-A-Rockin'?
The Holly Paul-ly Van By Golly?
Artcar Memoir?

(edit: thought of a couple more:)

Chevy-a-Bevy-a-Memories?
The Mustachioed Fellow in the Van of Yellow?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:08:23 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 08:02:22 pm »

Damn, I just thought of a good one, but it won't work.  Kodak Momentum.  But I use Nikon cameras (I love to take a photograph). But the yellow is supposed to suggest Kodak film so maybe... I don't use film though.  I don't know.

I like the Mustachioed Fellow in the Van of Yellow.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 06:19:16 am »

"Click, Click, Vroom" amuses me, but you'd probably not want to be associated with that POD song.

V.A.N.N. would be fun in a Knight-Rider-y way if you wanted.

There's also the famous ETMF, which would probably lead to a whole lot of wrong guesses.

Van Buren?  Muttonchops!

Van Allen?  Radiation belts!

Van Wilder? Crappy movies!

c a r a v a n
                                             by Paul
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: My New Artcar
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 01:06:24 pm »

"Click, Click, Vroom" amuses me, but you'd probably not want to be associated with that POD song.

V.A.N.N. would be fun in a Knight-Rider-y way if you wanted.

There's also the famous ETMF, which would probably lead to a whole lot of wrong guesses.

Click Click Boom was Saliva. IIRC it was on the list of "banned songs" immediately after 9/11. Although POD has a song called "Boom" as well.

Anyway. ETMF?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up