Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack  (Read 6767 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 03:42:49 pm »

Yeah, but Ray's died before.  Death seems to be sort of an inconvenience in Achewood more than anything.

Also, what the hell is up with Pat's clothes?  My guess is that he heard about the Magreaux dog and immediately came in mostly-funeral wear, so he would be ready for the inevitable.
Logged
um

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 04:47:48 pm »

Why would Beef be upset about somebody dying?  He's been over and back some many times he's getting frequent flyer (dier?) miles.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 05:35:12 pm »

"A doppelgänger is the ghostly double of a living person....A doppelgänger seen by friends or relatives of a person may sometimes bring bad luck, or indicate an approaching illness or health problem."
-wikipedia

just seemed like the whole magreaux dog was sort of based on that but i guess maybe not
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 05:56:26 pm »

otter-- damn straight he's ready for TheInevitable! i'd rock new pat's can anytime!


but really, this strip is creeping me out. jeez.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 06:06:40 pm »

otter-- damn straight he's ready for TheInevitable! i'd rock new pat's can anytime!


but really, this strip is creeping me out. jeez.

Who knew that tI was hot for the felines?
Logged

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 08:13:07 pm »

Am I the only one who'd probably cry if Ray died?

I mean, he's done it before, and he'd probably be back eventually, but this is way more serious looking than the previous times.  All this dreadful foreshadowing....
Logged

dryguy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
  • Fighting entropy since 1933.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 09:04:16 pm »

Yeah, I was a little unnerved by this strip. I mean, Onstad has artistic license to do whatever the hell he wants, and I am reminded of Jon Rosenberg getting pissed because he killed off one of his characters and his readers went insane. Part of his argument is that if people wanted to read something like Garfield, where shit stays the same all the time and nobody ever dies or goes away and is completely benign and safe...well, they sure as hell wouldn't be reading webcomics like Goats (or in our case, Achewood).

I just hope this means more Troubleman and No No. BTW, which Goats character are you referring to that got killed off?
Logged
Stamp out entropy.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 09:57:48 pm »

Am I the only one who'd probably cry if Ray died?

yes
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 10:13:16 pm »

diabetes
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 11:17:20 pm »

Who knew that tI was hot for the felines?

I had an inkling
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bn1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 12:00:26 am »

"misrepresentatively prominent" is a nice turn of phrase..
Also, it doesn't look like being gay has improved Pat's choice of hairstyle.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 01:41:13 am »

am i the only one who loves lil' pixilated atari-style Beef n' Pat in the last panel?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 06:57:38 am »

I had an inkling

 At least tI's zoophilia doesn't lead to death by refrigeration!
 *Stares at Doc's signature.*
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September, 2006 - I mean the phone call alone might get her a heart attack
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 04:57:01 pm »

Who know that tI was hot for the felines?
I had an inkling

Perhaps he's the source of Onstad's blog entry, The Internet is Crazy for Cat Schlong ?

/Newbie post
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up