Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)  (Read 10297 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
"okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« on: September 14, 2006, 05:43:53 am »

goodness, I love Phillipe so much. It is because of this fact: I love things that are cute. and things that are purposely over-cute are the best.

"It was his signature drink. He craved the stuff."

[fixed link -Cort]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:06:07 pm by CortJstr »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 05:52:19 am »

  If Phillipe had included the Opus Dei in the plot he would be a millionare by now.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 10:54:13 am »

That has about 37% less deus ex mechina than most thriller novels out there.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 11:10:47 am »

"I didn't shoot the jewels because I knew where they were"

Sure, we'll descend to fifteen feet. I see no problem with that
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 11:30:35 am »

He winked as he craved the fresh glass.

WINK!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 11:32:08 am »

Sometimes Achewood can have strips about dude-pussy, sometimes they can have the cutest strip ever. That's exactly how kids right stories.

"Okay" said the police chief.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 12:07:51 pm »

I have missed Philippe.  Do you think my writing would be better if I stuck my tongue out like that?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Teldin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 12:38:51 pm »

I think I speak for everyone when I say that Mr. Bear's expression is the greatest thing about this strip.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 01:12:58 pm »

Well, Teldin, you certainly speak for me.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 01:55:59 pm »

INSERT FUNCTIONAL URL IN YOUR WORTHLESS POST, APE
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 02:01:16 pm »

Now I'm wondering, does Philippe not actually know what winking is, or is he one of those genetic freaks that can't actually do it?
Logged

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 02:06:33 pm »

Dear lord, this strip was freaking adorable.

I love how he RUNS to the typewriter, and then RUNS away at the end, presumably to do something else that is also fun.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 02:17:38 pm »

Now I'm wondering, does Philippe not actually know what winking is, or is he one of those genetic freaks that can't actually do it?

HEY, I am not a freak.  My left eye is a little more skilled, but when I try to wink it, my right eyebrow raises involuntarily.  It's pretty great.

Wonderful strip, &c.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 03:01:18 pm »

I liked the strip just fine but my mind keeps making the not shoot the jewels part of the story dirty.

Well, at least that would explain how he knew where they were.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: "okay," said the police chief. (9-14-06)
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 03:31:50 pm »

Wonderful. This strip is just total Philippe, and it certainly doesn't hurt that this is the way that all kids his age write. (I'm not sure I wrote anything more sophisticated than this before the age of 12.)

Mr. Bear just looks so... concerned. Maybe he also took the "jewels" part wrong?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up