Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt  (Read 7474 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« on: October 02, 2006, 06:09:27 am »

Free shirt for fifty bucks!  Man, is it real good, though.

I just don't know what to do.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 07:20:24 am »

Since I want to buy the books, this would be a grand time to do so.
Logged
~

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 04:03:54 pm »

Since I wanted to buy the books, this was a grand time to do so.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 07:24:03 pm »

Since I'm keen on procuring Achewood literature, this would be a marvellous time to do so.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 07:35:55 pm »

But how dreadfully unfair this is to those of us who already own all the Achewood literature.  And the apron (which I highly recommend.) 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 07:42:41 pm »

But how dreadfully unfair this is to those of us who already own all the Achewood literature.  And the apron (which I highly recommend.) 

Onstad's a businessman. You know there's going to be a fair amount of people who will buy stuff they already own from the Achewood store, just so they can make up that magical 50 dollars and get that shirt.

Well, maybe just one or two dudes, but that's an extra $50 for Onstad anyway. (Cue:"$50? Wow, that's an extra two bottles of 10 year old Laphroaig for Onstad to beat his dog with")
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 08:18:17 pm »

hm. do I spend a vast portion of the money I have "to live on" on achewood merch? I think I do. I think I eat in the cafeteria every weekend for a month, and use the savings to buy t-shirts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 08:58:09 pm »

Iron my shirt:

I dont have much money sir no not much money at all
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 09:40:06 pm »

Yeah, it's a nice way to get people to spend more than they would have.  Figure the shirt costs him like $6 and so he only has to try to squeeze that much out of people.  Piece of cake.

Good on him, though, for coming up with a good marketing ploy.  You can't come down on the man for running his business, and let's face it, Achewood is both a comic and a business.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 06:53:47 pm »

people, I come to you with an important decision. I have selected my apparel, and a poster. this adds up to more than the bare minimum of 50 dollars. I would like to have money left over in my monthly budget for food and movies and such. so.

out of:
the red Achewood "Vintage Style" T
the Tenmen T
the Poster
the black/tan Great Outdoor Fight T
the Cartiledge Head T

which do I choose? who is eliminated? I have entirely too many posters in my room here, but I want some new ones for my room at home. I do not have sufficient good t-shirts. Hmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 03:49:51 pm »

Okay, upon meditation, I have the following tentative ideas for things I might like to pick up:
-- The Achewood Calling shirt
-- The Achewater shirt
-- The umbrella
-- All three zine-style publications (the two zines and A Wonderful Tale)

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery on these? Particularly on the umbrella -- if I buy that sucker, I will use it, so if it's purely decorative, now's the time to speak up.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 11:53:39 am »

I've wanted the science shirt and the cookbook for a good while now and this might motivate me to get them. Not actually planning on making it up to 50 bucks because that shirt just doesn't do it for me but I may just join in the general spending.
Might see how the paycheck looks this week, been an expensive week and I've had to cut my shifts at the old mill. That science shirt is cool though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 01:54:10 am »

I saw the design and instantly shelled out $64 for 3 other shirts. I think I got "Geometry" (I really wanted a geometry HOODIE, but they don't offer them anymore), Huuugs, and The Dude Has Got No Mercy. I wanted to get the "Why you even got to do a thing" but it was in army green as was the Huuugs, so I decided that I only wanted one army green shirt.

I cannot wait for my shirts to arrive. the anniversary design is so fabulous. And yeah, since the dude makes his living doing Achewood I think that it's a pretty good way to move merch in the shop. If he allowed you to just purchase the Anniversary shirt, I likely would have done just that and not ordered three others.

Oh, and I already have all the books and cookbook. Someday I will get some of the other stuff, like the Apron and button sets and glassware.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 05:30:10 am »

Whoa!! They hired a full time warehouse man. I will get my shirt near the end of the month. Congratulations, the Onstads! It looks like their operation just upped its ante. Awesome.


Quote from: chris
Dear Achewood Fifth Anniversary Shopper,

Hello and thank you! You're receiving this email because you placed an order during Achewood's 5th Anniversary Free T-shirt Promotion. Response to the promotion was phenomenal -- so phenomenal, in fact, that we had to do something drastic (and, in its own way, phenomenal). 

That's right. We hired a human man to take over our warehouse operations. He is a good man, and thorough. He is much better than I ever was at this stuff. He is a full-time human man, BTW. 

Why am I telling you this? Because I want you to know it might take an extra few days for your order to arrive, while we get the new warehouse up to speed. Hundreds of orders are leaving our facilities every day this week. Our laser printer is spitting out so many packing lists, it's literally unpleasant to sit near (I sit near it during my writing hours, unfortunately, and can vouch for this).   

We will contact you if any information was missing from your order, and regarding any backordered items. You will receive an email when your package ships. 

Thank you for supporting Achewood, and thank you for making the fifth year the most interesting yet. Did you know that I spent half an hour crawling around under my house and deck while running ethernet cable to our warehouse this morning?   

Chris Onstad

PS: Your free shirt will ship at the end of October. Click here to see the original offer page for details. 
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 06:10:06 am »

Quote
He is a good man, and thorough.

Heh.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up