Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt  (Read 7459 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 02:28:27 am »

Has anyone recieved their order from the free t-shirt week?  I know that he said the switch to this new, good, human man would necesitate a few extra days of processing, but its been a long time now and I haven't recieved any of my goods (not talking about the free shirt, and I'm looking forward to that too).  Just thought I'd put out some feelers before I drop Chris an email, I don't want to be a jerk.

When I placed my order I was told that my free shirt would not ship until the end of October.

I received my "Geometry" and "Huugs" shirts, but the "Dude Has Got No Mercy" was apparently backordered. I am not sure if my "Dude" shirt will arrive at the same time as the Anniversary one.

They probably won't mail the Anniversary shirts until the end of the month. It's only the 25th, dude.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 02:47:38 am »

Newb canned for Plank.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2006, 10:01:50 am »

I ordered Vol I-V, personalized, intl shipping and nothing through the door yet...

I'm not in any hurry, I just want to know that I have achewood to enjoy in paper form.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 04:24:34 am »

When I placed my order I was told that my free shirt would not ship until the end of October.

I received my "Geometry" and "Huugs" shirts, but the "Dude Has Got No Mercy" was apparently backordered. I am not sure if my "Dude" shirt will arrive at the same time as the Anniversary one.

They probably won't mail the Anniversary shirts until the end of the month. It's only the 25th, dude.

Mmmkay, I posted that on 25 October and now it's 12 November. I think I might have to be a dick and send the Onstads a note asking whether my stuff's been shipped. Well... we did have a holiday weekend with Veteran's Day...I bet they're swamped so I don't want to be a jerk. I guess I'll check the post again on Monday and see if anything's arrived.

I'm also still waiting for the 500-g jar of Marmite I ordered from eBay on 5 October. It's probably on the slow boat from England, or else it got held up in US Customs and now all the damned Customs agents are feasting on Marmite and crispy toast. Bastards, that's MINE!!!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 04:58:46 am »

oh Linn-ey, don't be silly! They would never do that!

..I'm sure they just said "what the hell is Marmite?" and threw it out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 05:12:15 am »

They'd better not! I paid a lot of money for 500 grams of Marmite.

Anyway, I am glad that I didn't pester Onstad with another email saying "where is my Dude shirt and my Anniversary shirt" (the Dude Has Got No Mercy shirt was backordered and I haven't gotten my Anniv shirt yet), because I literally just received this in my email inbox:


Quote from: chris
Dear Friend of Achewood,

I'm writing to you because you're waiting on me to send you something! I thank you for your patience as we catch up with the October/November shopping siege. Indeed, it is a nice problem to have, but it's no fun ordering a bookset or shirt just to have the thing appear on backorder, now is it? You can't wear a backorder to class or to the mill. I can assure you that if you have yet to receive your item, it was briefly backordered, but as of this week all our inventory bays are topped off once again, and it will be in the mail to you shortly. Those waiting on a backordered item to ship with their 5th anniversary tee, they'll both be along soon!

Thank you for supporting Achewood, and thank you for your patience during this time of unexpected growth.

Best,

Chris Onstad
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 04:17:26 pm »

That's a nice letter to receive but I can't help but notice the Onstad touch of slightly overdone obsequious wackiness.
Logged
We must repeat!

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 05:42:13 pm »

That's a nice letter to receive but I can't help but notice the Onstad touch of slightly overdone obsequious wackiness.
Heh.  Check out this additional email I got last night:

Quote
Dear Friend of Achewood,

You are probably wondering where your Lyle pint glass(es) are. I am here to tell you the truth! Our pint stock got unexpectedly wiped out during the 5th anniversary promotion, and we're finally getting new ones in this Monday (the world of pint glass imprinters is not a hurried one). Our new warehouse man, who does not share the pint glass imprinter's hazy, lazy attitude toward all things commercial, will then bubble wrap them and box them up and get them to you with the greatest possible haste.

Thank you for supporting Achewood, and thank you for your patience during this time of unexpected growth.

Best,

Chris Onstad
Actually I had been wondering where my entire order was. :p I didn't know anything about the lyle glasses being backordered; I thought the holdup with mine was because of the signed strip I ordered.  Eh, it'll all be worth the wait.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2006, 05:58:20 pm »

I could pick the gems outta that one or I could just say thanks for sharing.

So...

Thanks for sharing.

...hazy, lazy attitude...
Logged
We must repeat!

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2006, 07:34:28 pm »

Got my shirt yesterday!
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: AcheMerch: Fifth-Anniversary T-Shirt
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2006, 04:42:29 am »

Got my shirt yesterday!

You lucky BASTARD! Post a picture!

I said that in my best Eddie Izzard impersonation. I love how he says "bastard."
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up