Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: October Blogs, 2006  (Read 7995 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
October Blogs, 2006
« on: October 05, 2006, 06:33:30 am »

http://charleysmuckles.blogspot.com/2006/10/da-nhoo-jabbah.html
http://peterhcropes.blogspot.com/2006/10/complicated-gay-man-sold-me-sandwich.html
http://philippesblog.blogspot.com/2006/10/i-got-buck.html

Come on, Onstad. Enough foreshadowing; when does Nice Pete finally get to reveal his inner (presumably gay) feelings and blossom like the true man he is?

Phillipe really called out Onstad on the 'jerk' thing. Way to go, Phillipe.

EDIT: Made links perma.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:53:04 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

innes

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • thanks awfully
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:42:45 am »

I worry that when Nice Pete expresses an interest in a gay man's bottom, he is probably thinking more of barbecue possibilities than traditional man-on-man goings on.
Basically, I feel sorry for what the gay sandwich man might have lined up in his future.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:56:28 pm »

Come on, Onstad. Enough foreshadowing; when does Nice Pete finally get to reveal his inner (presumably gay) feelings and blossom like the true man he is?

In his very first appearance we learn that Pete is down with men kissing men so I don't think that him coming out is such a big deal. But you do have to worry how many pieces sandwich guy is going to end up in.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 01:03:31 pm »

Mayonnaise on scrapple?!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:14:20 pm »

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 01:31:39 pm »

Mayonnaise on scrapple?!

People actually consuming scrapple?!
Logged

innes

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • thanks awfully
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 01:48:50 pm »

If I didnt have the internet I'd have guessed that scrapple would be some sort of apple-based drink or breakfast cereal.

Scrapple(tm) - Chock-full of Scrunchy Yummy Dried Apple Fragments!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 01:54:55 pm »

People actually consuming scrapple?!

No, no, good scrapple is really good. You have to go buy it from a farmer's market or a real butcher, not the supermarket.  But mayonnaise on it?  I mean, it doesn't have enough fat in it already?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 03:23:26 pm »

People actually consuming scrapple?!

Apparently this is not uncommon. I have a vegetarian friend originally from Pennsylvania who has confessed to only missing scrapple out of the entire meat pantheon, and I believe her. I have yet to work up the nerve to try it, but I may be too old to make a successful scrapple introduction.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 03:51:12 pm »

I am from south central PA, went to college in Lancaster itself.  While I don't partake myself, I can tell you definitively:  HELL YES people eat scrapple, and actually enjoy it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 04:03:41 pm »

As a Philadelphian, I have been eating and enjoying scrapple my entire life. It is my favourite breakfast meat next to bacon, and I seriously have already looked at ways to get scrapple shipped to D.C. and Chicago.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 04:51:04 pm »

I'm also from PA. Maybe I don't have the connection because I just don't dig on pork to begin with. I do miss hot dog sauce and pierogi, though.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 06:14:10 pm »

I'm also from PA. Maybe I don't have the connection because I just don't dig on pork to begin with. I do miss hot dog sauce and pierogi, though.

These must be western PA things, then.  I had never heard of pierogies until I got to college.  And I don't know of this hot dog sauce you speak of.  Scrapple is more of an Amish-influenced eastern/central PA delicacy.

(Also, shooting up a schoolhouse is bad enough under any circumstances, but who the HELL has a grudge against little Amish girls?  Criminy, they have to be digging a new, deeper level of Hell for that guy.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 07:33:45 pm »

Jough, move to DC then - you won't need to have scrapple shipped.  I can direct you to a Pennsylvania farmer's market outside the city where you can buy it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 07:38:26 pm »

What the hell is hot dog sauce?  Must be from that unfortunate western expanse of the state.

What I'll miss most about Philly is the pizza - not that I eat that much pizza these days.  Yes, I know Chicago is famous for its pizza, but it's that deep dish kind which is more like a large hot pocket than actual pizza.  I have heard talk that there is a New York style pizzeria downtown, though, and I will judge it harshly should I move there.

Anyway, yeah.  Blogs.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up