Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Party Dance Mix 3000  (Read 8761 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« on: October 10, 2006, 04:32:45 am »

If you were DJing a party, and had just 15 minutes in which to get everybody dancing and convince a discerning woman (or man) of your ear for music, what songs do you play.  I'd go with:

David Bowie - Fashion (4:51)
Talking Heads - Life During Wartime (3:41)
LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations (4:58)

I would spend the remaining time either doing the ***** (automaton) or dry-humping the discerning woman (or man) I have no doubt impressed.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:34:44 am »

Quote

I would spend the remaining time doing the ##### (automaton) while dry-humping the discerning woman (or man) I have no doubt impressed.

solved that problem for you.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 06:06:59 am »

Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke (alternatively, Superstition)
Beegees - Stayin' Alive
close with Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy

For a younger crowd, I would consider Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There, Outkast - The Way You Move, or Ying Yang Twins/Lil' Jon - Damn.

If time allows, Parliament Funkadelic - Electric Spanking of War Babies (no intro), and maybe Ray Charles - What I Say.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 06:26:09 am »

Violent Femmes "Dance, Motherfucker, Dance"
Parliament "Tear the Roof Off the Sucker (We Want the Funk)"
Jackson 5 "The Love You Save"
Crystal Method "Get Busy Child"
Beck "Nicotine and Gravy"

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:30:01 am »

lately, I am hell of grooving on "Steppin' Out" by the Fantastic Plastic Machine. But maybe that isn't really danceable? I am bad at judging these things.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 12:53:17 pm »

The Hokey Pokey is irresisitable. Good call on Stayin' Alive. I remember back in high school when that song played people would actually materialize on the dance floor. Time Warp had a similar effect, but I hung out with some pretty messed up kids.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 03:41:21 pm »

Oh man, I forgot Jamiroquai's Virtual Insanity.
Logged
ACHIEVE

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 04:23:42 pm »

This is hard, because I'm not really into dance music, but...

The Heartsdales Feat. Soul'd Out, "Candy Pop (Kid Whatever Pole Position Mix)"
Scooter, "How Much Is The giraffe"
Delerium, "Euphoria (Firefly)"
The New Pornographers, "Jackie Dressed In Cobras"

... then I would inevitably spoil it by playing "Who The Fuck Is Alice?" But hey.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 05:54:41 pm »

Iggy Pop, "Fall In Love With Me"
Grandmaster Flash, "White Lines"
Dirty Vegas, "Days Go By"

toss out anyone who isn't up and dancing by the first minute of the third song
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 09:44:53 pm »

The B-52s are a definite mention. Love Shack's a little too cliche, I guess. Seriously though, anything danceable by them and I am moving like a crazy thing.

For a good old skank, though, I'd have to stick on Night Boat to Cairo by Madness. Fuckin' great!

Then, I'd have to stick on some Dr Feelgood. Roxette, for example.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 09:48:44 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 09:51:13 pm »

The B-52s are a definite mention. Love Shack's a little too cliche, I guess. Seriously though, anything danceable by them and I am moving like a crazy thing.

IT WASN'T A ROCK

IT WAS A ROCK... LOBSTER!!
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 09:54:23 pm »

IT WASN'T A ROCK

IT WAS A ROCK... LOBSTER!!

You really need a pool to jump in for this one.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 09:57:56 pm »

You really need a pool to jump in for this one.

Well, yes, and in an ideal world everyone will have matching towels.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 10:45:05 pm »

It may be cliche but Love Shack has my vote because it's got the little synchronized dance bits. What with the bang-banging, shimmies, and spinning around and around and around and around.

Joy to the World seems to get the booty on the floor as well.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Super Party Dance Mix 3000
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 03:23:22 am »

B-52's "Mesopotamia" for the win.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up