I don't think I associate Wombie with the Queen - just that I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the film and thought of people who are culturally retarded who probably are surprised by enjoying a great number of things more than I generally am, and then I thought of Wombat.
I don't think the above made my case any less unsettling, though.
Not by much...
Still it is always interesting to hear the sorts of strange impressions one has left on people - I was at a sort of high school reunion over the weekend and someone told me that she'd just hired a Latin tutor for her son who reminded her of me - because she is 'smart, witty, told them that the textbook stank, and rides a motorcycle everywhere.'
Let me be clear that I have never set foot on a motorcycle and that the last thing most people would call me is 'culturally retarded.'
Oh, and seriously - I know some of you think I am a technological idiot, but at the zoo, I am a genius. Yesterday my old boss (I still volunteer there) came into the room and said "You're the computer whiz, can you help me?" And
no one laughed. And I figured out how he could hear the sound on his DVD by plugging the speakers into the headphone jack because apparently the IT guys had set his computer up wrong.
So there.