Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!  (Read 5539 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 10:52:31 pm »

Can anyone tell me why Florida people are likely to consume amounts of Hunt's?

It's where mildly retarted Americans go to die.
Logged
ACHIEVE

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 03:41:06 am »

It's where mildly retarted Americans go to die.

And the retarded ones too. And that's where they're born. From the ashes. Because they burn to death.

I'm itching for a Singapore Sling now. But I don't have a bottle of Heering OR Benedictine. And buying both of them at once is kind of a lot of money.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 12:30:01 pm »

what is "dammit, hockawock" supposed to mean?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 01:22:40 pm »

B.B.'s real name is Jimmy "Darnell" Hockawock.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 03:21:27 pm »

I'm pretty meh about this whole storyline, and yet this morning's "strip and whatnot return Thursday" really pissed me off for some reason.  I should be used to Onstad skipping days by now, shouldn't I? 

"Such lousy food...and such small portions."
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 04:28:31 pm »

B.B.'s real name is Jimmy "Darnell" Hockawock.

Oh thanks August ^^
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 06:16:52 pm »

for a second I thought you meant Mr BB King, and I was about to say "well, what the hell does that mean, then?"
and then I figured that you meant The Benzo
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 11:35:12 pm »

Quote from: Mattgiraffe
And the retarded ones too. And that's where they're born. From the ashes. Because they burn to death.

A good rule of thumb is an direct relation between Stuckey's/Cracker-Barrel proximity and Hunt's consumption.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 11:41:36 pm »

dude, Cracker Barrels are Everywhere.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 12:00:35 am »

I remember seeing a commerical growing up talking about how Hunt's was the "official ketchup" of some amusement park or other and it was all they served. But now I cannot for the life of me remember which one.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 04:46:05 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
dude, Cracker Barrels are Everywhere.

Oh, it's a localized event. Five mile radius, at best.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 05:42:22 am »

There are apparently very few cracker barrels in new jersey.  I always associate them with car trips, because if I go on a car trip of a decent length, yes, they are everywhere.  Just somehow, not anywhere near where I ever live.
Logged
~

Apemantus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 11:02:34 am »

Knowing the time of his death is the god of Dramatic Irony gently slapping young Master Butters around the face for this stupid prank: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09082006
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 07:33:47 pm »

dude, Cracker Barrels are Everywhere.
There are none here.

Also, they should change their name. Because I think a Black person would expect to get treated bad ina place with Cracker in the name.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 17 Oct 2006 - Damnit, Hockawock!
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 08:51:48 pm »

There are none here.

Also, they should change their name. Because I think a Black person would expect to get treated bad ina place with Cracker in the name.

I think that's the point.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up