Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!  (Read 10311 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:06:40 am »

Ray returns from Mexico.

omggggg Ray is pretty thin.  Did he ever go to Mexico at all?
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 06:11:30 am »

Huzzah again!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:12:50 am »

good lord, that is so funny to me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

beautifulspam

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2
  • Yesssss
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 09:37:41 am »

Starvation has has tragically resulted in penile or perhaps testicular atrophy.
Logged
The greys have a high metallic content in the skin, as well as an unusual cobalt pigmentation. Many have no external sex organs, but some have been bred to have them.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:29:11 am »

I laughed so hard a little bit of wee came out - and that normally only happens to ladies

(cue flaming)
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 11:23:12 am »

"put butter on what I said"

this is one of the funniest renderings of Ray ever. his dangling bauble (and I don't mean his medallion) made me chortle...

PUT BUTTER ON WHAT I JUST SAID!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 11:29:24 am »

There are like ten lines in this that should be the thread title.

Worth the buildup even if things have seemed to meander a bit slowly lately.  Phooey on all you impatient ones who have been complaining about your free entertainment.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 01:10:48 pm »

He's apparently missing a lense in his glasses but is still wearing them anyway. That would drive me nuts.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 01:15:00 pm »

Honestly, I could do without ever seeing Lonis again. The setup was so supremely weird and sinister, but the payoff just didn't happen for me.

Until today, that is. So funny and yet so disturbing. Wouldn't say it made up for the previous two weeks of pointless meandering, but what a splendid way to start a Wednesday. Tennis lessons, indeed.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 01:19:43 pm »

I guess walking home from Mexico is less objectionable than riding the bus with Riverdance Butters and the ladies.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 03:36:41 pm »

Ray has bloody/scabby knees

WHAT HAS RAY BEEN HAVING TO DO TO GET TRANSPORTATION/FOOD/SHELTER?
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 04:23:22 pm »

Put me in for a minority vote on really liking this whole arc, slow bits in the middle included.

I think what is and is not "slow" in a serialized format is pretty subjective.  Re-reading the archives, a lot of stories that I found sort of a slog to get through (like C. Head) are now fantastic read at a faster pace.  And as to the claims of Shark Jumping, I think it's pretty obvious that Mr. O is in this for the long haul.  His total rejection of the whole hey-everyone-look-at-me! mode of being a webcartoonist gives me hope that I'll still be reading and enjoying new achewoods when President Perot invades Canada.  The tone and thrust of the strip drifts a bit as the years go by, but I wouldn't say that there's been any decline in quality.

And yeah, today's strip was one of the funniest things I've ever read.  My favorite bit is Cornelius' sober rebuttal to Ray's assumption about Western Union. 

Stuffing a Lasagna inside a Turkey... you know... that might be good.  Anyone got kitchen skills and a camera?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 04:59:22 pm »

I must not have been awake enough when I read the strip this morning because I just realized that I came away with a mental picture of a turkey stuffed inside a lasagna instead of the other way around.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 06:03:33 pm »

guys, to reiterate, I was not saying that onstad was jumping any sort of anything. what I was saying is that now that I know that phrase, it comes to mind any time I don't like something that I used to enjoy, even if this is a temporary state.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Oct.25.2006 - Put butter on what I said!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 06:20:22 pm »

He's apparently missing a lense in his glasses but is still wearing them anyway. That would drive me nuts.

I had to drive home from a concert like that.  Definitely not an excellent thing to do!  But I had no choice.
Logged
~
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up