Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.  (Read 4705 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 08:08:09 pm »

Why would you put such a women in that tableaux?


I dunno, I think I agree - she was quite the foxy minx if you like your women brainy & bitter.  I wouldn't have kicked her out of bed.  Might have made her go shooting with me though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 08:54:18 pm »

Quote from: pmcd9
You fucked Janeane Garafolo?

Nah. But ten years ago? Totally would'a.

I've always had a thing for bookishly-hot girls.

It's what allows me to enjoy Tina Fey despite the fact that she is disturbingly unfunny. With how many shows and movies she's been involved with, you'd figure that she'd get one laugh... just on accident. Y'know, you play the lotto enough, you're eventually gonna win ten bucks on three numbers, just by sheer odds.

There's a theory that... when you do paranormal testing, with the cards and whatnot, it's not just that some people have the power to "see" the cards way above the "average"... but there are some people whose power is not being to ever get it right. They call 'em psi-blind.

Tina Fey is funny-blind. It's a damn good thing for her she's so cute. As if Rachel Ray (pre-gettin'-all-whored-out) were a librarian.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 08:56:23 pm »

Ray saying "teh sekksy" has to be the low point of Achewood.
Logged

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 09:09:38 pm »

In the end, they marry.

Ooh, really good reference, I forgot about that blog entry. One wonders how long Ray has been in this club, and if that's where LN picked up his style.
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 10:48:42 pm »

Sex swings: do people actually use these things? Discuss.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 11:00:51 pm »

Sex swings: do people actually use these things? Discuss.

Back in my day we only had a trapeze and we liked it! Damned glad to have it!
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 11:53:46 pm »

Quote
Ray saying "teh sekksy" has to be the low point of Achewood.

Ray is pretty much the low point of Achewood anyway, and that's why we love him I guess.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 12:34:35 am »

Ray is pretty much the low point of Achewood anyway, and that's why we love him I guess.

Todd?
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

SpeedyG

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 01:25:12 am »

Todd is pretty low, the cussin', the illiteracy, the fact that his life is basically one big hunt's move. But i feel the true low in the comsmology of Achewood is Showbiz now he don't nearly cuss as much as Todd, but he is the personification of the black sheep in all our families. Plus he's related to Roast Beef, and together they have like a depressing synergistic effect that drains the very soul from a man.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 06:49:32 am »

so, does it seem that something about the proportion of Ray's head to his body has changed? Maybe that isn't it. Something seems... off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 06:58:40 am »

so, does it seem that something about the proportion of Ray's head to his body has changed? Maybe that isn't it. Something seems... off.

Perhaps he is still in the process of gaining the weight he'd lost on his walk home from Mexico?

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 09:04:22 am »

The look on Ray's face in the final panel is excellent.  Perfect.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 06:30:51 pm »

Sex swings: do people actually use these things? Discuss.

I haven't, but a friend of mine & her husband own one.  Their verdict: fun the first couple of times, but generally not worth the effort. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 07:47:20 pm »

I haven't, but a friend of mine & her husband own one.  Their verdict: fun the first couple of times, but generally not worth the effort. 

Those must be some good friends if they (a) tell you about their sex swing; and (b) allow you to borrow it.

Of course, possibility (c) just occured to me ... that maybe all four of you...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nov. 7 2006 - "Now that's what I'M talkin' 'bout," he said.
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 03:13:33 pm »

They are great friends, but we never borrowed the swing.  I'm sure they wouldn't have minded if we'd asked, though. 

They have a boy the same age as Little P.  This is a rather old photo, but here are the boys together. 

I share a knit blog with the lady of the couple, she is a hot ex-goth who is a little bit bi.  But -- quell those imaginations boys -- we've never gone that route.  Her hubby would be down, as long as he got to participate, but Pedro and I both have strict no-sharing rules. 

Also, for the record, and to bring this post (sort of) back on topic, Janeane Garafolo is teh sexxsy.  Also, I really llike the idea of erotic wine tasting. 

Next up: erotic reviews of non-erotic books. 

"David McCullough's 1776 takes everything you thought you knew about the American Revolution and fucks it in the ass." 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up