Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell  (Read 22562 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2007, 01:56:37 am »

Dont hate me:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7302853679393301447&total=100&start=50&num=10&so=0&type=t100_all&plindex=51

Dude, am I gonna hate you for clicking on this link? Okay, I'm gonna click it.

**EDIT: Totally worth it! AWESOME!! HEEEEE!!!! <3
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2007, 04:17:45 am »

I got so upset in my film class on Friday... we were talking about Umberto D, and people said things like "why is he freaking out so much? it's just a stupid dog." and "I mean... I feel like De Sica makes the dog too much of a character. Dogs don't have personalities like that!" and the like. "it's so pathetic... why is he so upset that he lost his dog? what... because maybe it's dead? I feel like I'm missing something."

I am going to name my future dog Flike after the dog in that film. oh goodness, that dog. We watched the scene where Umberto is looking for his dog at the pound like 5 times, and every time I got a little veklempt (sp?).
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2007, 04:22:57 am »

I got so upset in my film class on Friday... we were talking about Umberto D, and people said things like "why is he freaking out so much? it's just a stupid dog." and "I mean... I feel like De Sica makes the dog too much of a character. Dogs don't have personalities like that!" and the like. "it's so pathetic... why is he so upset that he lost his dog? what... because maybe it's dead? I feel like I'm missing something."

I am going to name my future dog Flike after the dog in that film. oh goodness, that dog. We watched the scene where Umberto is looking for his dog at the pound like 5 times, and every time I got a little veklempt (sp?).

I'll reveal my ignorance by saying that I have no clue what film you're talking about, but damn.  Just damn. 

Anybody who's had a dog (or any pet) that they've developed a relationship with would understand.  Anybody with a pinch of empathy or human feeling should get it.

You should make them watch Jurassic Bark. snuf
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2007, 05:30:27 am »

it is basically a film about an old Italian man who is living off of his pension after he was forced to retire from his government position. His only friend is his dog.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2007, 09:53:33 pm »

We watched the scene where Umberto is looking for his dog at the pound like 5 times, and every time I got a little veklempt (sp?).

verklempt (+100 points for correct usage!)


Edited for broken link
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 01:52:16 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2007, 01:42:56 am »

Today, I got a kitten. The people at the convenience store down the road were trying to find homes for a litter, and we just couldn't resist, so... now there is a tiny animal living in my room. He's black and white and around six weeks old. He doesn't have a name yet, but I'm leaning towards Saburo, although Peregrine (for the plaintive tiny-falcon-esque mews) is kicking around as well.

Have some pictures.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2007, 01:47:04 am »

Vador has a cute kitten.... and loves the SHIT out of some tarzan.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2007, 01:51:06 am »

Those Tarzan books are all my dad's, I presume from his Misspent Youth. They may technically be mine, by the law of things just getting arbitrarily passed down to me, but I haven't read 'em.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2007, 01:53:36 am »

Why's he look wet?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2007, 01:54:10 am »

Hella cute addition to the family, v!! Congratulations!
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2007, 02:19:12 am »

I am completely disarmed by the cute kitten. It is my weakness.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2007, 04:18:58 am »

Why's he look wet?

The vet sprayed him down with flea stuff.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2007, 04:17:15 am »

OMG!!! I just found what I am going to make Milan and Lenny for Xmas!!

http://www.thisnext.com/item/1146ECDE/Kitty-Catnip-Sushi

Totally awesome! A fun project for me to crochet and a tasty, high-inducing treat for the little dudes. Win-win.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up