Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell  (Read 22541 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« on: November 11, 2006, 03:48:44 pm »

Yeah, as we've already established, the damn moggies rule my life.

So for the past few days my gatos have been filling up my apartment with prodigious amounts of shedded fur. I typically blame Milan (AKA "The Fluffy One" or "Little Fluffy") because he is the one with a luxuriant, fluffy coat. Lennybruce is a much more svelte guy with a coat that is short and to the point. Milan has what I call "fluffy britches" on his hind legs that he hates for me to pet. Anyway, that reminds me that I have to buy some more Miele vacuum bags because I've filled most of mine up with kittyfur.

Every day that I've come home there has been a ridiculous hairball in the living room. Always on the carpet right next to the linoleum. Since the only one I've heard hacking has been the sweet Milan, I always figured that he was the miscreant with the tummy full of fur. Not so! I came home today to find Lennybruce wrestling with a hairball demon of his own. I immediately got a paper plate (I always cut it in half and find it to be very handy for cleaning up) and my bottle of Nature's Miracle and a fistful of paper towels. Nothin' like a hairball straight outta the cat (gaaaaag).  >:(

The little boys hate the Hairball Remedy, they HATE IT TO HELL. I always feel terrible about putting it on their coats, but they run whenever they see the tube. I imagine that it must feel like getting slathered with sewage, because they always run fiercely, look terribly embarrassed, and hide for a long time afterwards.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 04:05:52 pm »

Have you tried different brands of hairball remedy? They taste different. I mean, they appear to - I say this not from personal experience but from observation of the cats' reactions to them.

Otherwise shave the little bastards. That'll teach 'em.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 08:15:02 pm »

Otherwise shave the little bastards. That'll teach 'em.

Holy crap, you're not the kinda zookeeper my preconcieved notions thought you were. My respect for the wombat grows.
Logged
We must repeat!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 09:07:21 pm »

Why thank you.

I suppose you assumed I was some kind of bunnyhugger type.  But I suggest that if you slaved over animals all day, you'd probably feel like slapping one upside the head once in a while too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 03:33:11 am »

Man, omba, you are merciless. Now I have to wash kitty grease spots off my furniture, 'cos they've got no fur to absorb their natural skin oils.

Before:




After:

Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 03:43:02 am »

heh heh you shaved your pussy.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 06:22:53 am »

and also got a new cat. and also, one lost an eye. and also, their eyes changed colors.

I mean... um... shaved pu$$y! woohoo!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 06:25:23 am »

Plus their ears spontaneously de-folded. Thorough, Linnea!
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 07:02:27 am »

WTF ARE THOSE THINGS
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 12:59:15 pm »

Damn, where's the emoticon for 'diabolical laughter'?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 05:40:06 pm »

I like the corn rows...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 07:54:13 pm »

Those aren't corn rows - they are wrinkles.  The poor things really don't have a hair on their heads.

THIS IS WHAT CATS ARE LIKE DEEP DOWN.  Don't let them fool you!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 08:08:03 pm »

They look like Pinky and the Brain.

Except, y'know, they're cats.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 03:10:43 am »

Hahaha, those are "Sphynx" kittens. Aren't they pathetic-looking? Those poor little rats. They look so forlorn without their fur.

And the thing I said about washing them is true, without the fur they leave kittygrease on the furniture and whatnot. Mmm.. cat grease stains on the sofa. Plus you have to clean their ears when you bathe them, and use artificial-tears eyedrops to clean their eyes.

A nekkid Scottish Fold would probably be the most pathetic and horrifically-genetically mutated cat ever. However, they are making the "Allerca" cats that are genetically engineered to be hypoallergenic. I think they cost about $4K apiece, though.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 03:31:30 am »

However, they are making the "Allerca" cats that are genetically engineered to be hypoallergenic. I think they cost about $4K apiece, though.

http://www.slate.com/id/2150870/
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up