Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.  (Read 11207 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2006, 07:21:17 pm »

#####ussin.

I would just like to note that, if that was an unintentional screen, it is officially the funniest thing to ever come out of the censoring system -- and if it is not, Smells, you're a funny lady. (Er, not that you won't before.) This is all, because if I say anything more about HPV-caused cervical cancer marking you as a "slut" I think I may be Upset.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2006, 09:17:43 pm »

Oh man... smells' story reminds me that I'll never forget an acquaintance of mine who was dating the biggest trainwreck of a girl EVER. She was an evangelical christian who decided that she wanted to be a "Messianic Jew". Isn't that a little...redundant? "Jews For Jesus" are CHRISTIANS, not Jewish. Come on. She had a few more character flaws that were tragic, but I won't get into them here.

On the one hand, I can understand JfJs wanting to distinguish themselves from the other major Christian sects.

On the other hand, a Jew who believes Jesus was the Messiah is indeed more or less by definition a Christian. Plus I can't shake the feeling that the "real" reason they're "Jews for Jesus" is so that they can go to Jewish convocations, organizations, etc. and try to convert people. They do this and I believe that is just God damned low.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2006, 12:43:22 am »

Oh man... smells' story reminds me that I'll never forget an acquaintance of mine who was dating the biggest trainwreck of a girl EVER. She was an evangelical christian who decided that she wanted to be a "Messianic Jew". Isn't that a little...redundant? "Jews For Jesus" are CHRISTIANS, not Jewish. Come on. She had a few more character flaws that were tragic, but I won't get into them here.

Except they aren't.   They're Messianic Jews.  There's a whole culture and history that makes all the difference.   I don't know what that lady you knew was about, but Messianic Jew does not directly equate to Christian.

Edit on Refresh: Whoa... Ben... I haven't seen that before.  That's kinda ugly behavior.   The one JFJ that I knew didn't attend any organized meetings.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 12:47:01 am by smick »
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2006, 03:46:39 am »

Damn, people read something that's slightly inflammatory and then they draw crazy assumptions from it.


Basically, what I'm trying to say is that if you believe in Jesus, you're a Christian. Jewish people, by definition, do not believe that Jesus was the messiah. Evangelical Christians who convert to "Messianic Judaism" are insulting the Jewish faith. Dude, you're a Christian, thousands of Jewish people have been persecuted in the name of Jesus Christ, so lay off from your Convert-the-Jews tirade already. I don't care if Revelations states that a certain number of Jewish folks have to convert to Christianity in order for the Second Coming of Christ to happen. Wearing tfellin, going to "shul", or making "prayer shawls" ain't gonna make Jesus return any faster. My worldview allows for the faint possibility that there might be some Jewish folks out there who aren't offended by it...but in Denver there are large Jewish communities, from Reform all the way to Ultra-Orthodox, and all the people that I went to school with and were friends with who were Jewish were highly offended by "Messianic Judaism". 


I am not saying that women who get cervical cancer are sluts who deserve to die. I said that I knew a girl who tried to milk the "Cancer Victim" for whatever she could. It was ironic because the more she told people that she had cervical cancer, the more I had to suppress myself from saying "Yeah, you're a cancer victim 'cuz you've got genital warts. Quit bragging, quit trying to get sympathy, and get on with your goddamned life."

She had one outpatient treatment to remove some tissue from her cervix, and then she was done. It's not like she was suffering for months like Lance Armstrong on chemo/radiation. It's pathetic for her to compare her cancer story to someone like Lance Armstrong.

It's like... dude, you've got an STD, don't try to get sympathy from it. Also, there is a vaccine for HPV/"Cervical Cancer" now. Hopefully it will eradicate the disease.

I never said or implied that women who are sexually active deserve to have an STD or die of cancer. I'm talking about one particular person of whom I have a particularly low opinion.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2006, 04:26:00 am »

Linnea you are worse than Hitler...
























...at bowling.  Not many people know it, but Adolf bowled a 300 game in 1931.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2006, 04:57:05 am »

Linnea you are worse than Hitler...

...at bowling.  Not many people know it, but Adolf bowled a 300 game in 1931.

Fuck, dude! Zero to Godwin in five pages!
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2006, 05:16:31 am »

Oh, no no... I never said they were popular.   They don't go to the big jew picnic and have little kosher sandwiches and smiles. 

Just calling them Christians seems a little too simplistic considering the history that Jews/Christians/Messianic Jews are coming from.

Also, is it wrong that I'd want Hitler on my bowling team?  I don't like the guy, but I hear tell, he can throw some rocks.



Does that make me a bad person?
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2006, 08:33:35 am »

I can understand wanting to clarify that they are different from contemporary Christians in that they may reflect the beliefs of the early Christians previous to hundreds of years of Church history piled on. I am sure there are some sincere types like that.

But I have never encountered JfJs in any context other than "trying to make Christianity palatable for Jews to convert to". They enrage me like few things do.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2006, 09:51:09 am »

Well, yea... that's philosophical antisemitism, which is on the rise.
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2006, 11:52:26 am »

JfJ surely ain't Jews. They might like to belive they are, but no, they're not. There's a pretty damn wide range of beliefs available to your western Jew these days, from ultra-ultra-the-messiah-is-my-rebbe all the way through to them reconstrutonists with the what ever the hell they believe in. (Note: I think that both extremes are kinda freaky in their different ways, thats why I'm totally 100% happy sitting somewhere in the middle and not doing very much). Start to talk about the Jesus as anything other than, possibly, an occasional Talmudic figure, and you've crossed the tracks outside of Jewsville.

Also, I think its pretty established by now that HPV is the sole cause of cervical cancer, though that doesn't mean that if you've got HPV that you'll get cancer. Over 20 million people in the US are HPV carriers and, lets be honest, you only need to sleep with the one carrier, you don't have to be a slut to get it! So the moral of the story is, get regular paps if you're a girl and got HPV, and if your a guy, get checked up on a regular basis so you don't give HPV to a girl!

The End
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2006, 05:34:37 pm »

also, they gots shots for that now!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2006, 07:06:12 pm »

also, they gots shots for that now!

Who are you seeing?  I just called my family doc and asked about the inoculation for Messianic Judaism, and he hung up on me.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 15th of December, 2006 - Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex.
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2006, 07:36:25 pm »

Who are you seeing?  I just called my family doc and asked about the inoculation for Messianic Judaism, and he hung up on me.

End this now before perfection is lost.
Logged
We must repeat!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up