Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy holidays!  (Read 10518 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2006, 04:06:01 am »

mmm. my lady loved her present, but what she gave me was better. I've never gotten something hand-made that I actually liked before... lovely. details on flickr.

(also she gave me a Beatles shirt and a cute letter that she wrote on the back of a collage. I gave her... some nice little teacups? Damn. She got real excited about them, though.)


Also: Rushmore was FANTASTIC. wow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2006, 05:22:16 am »

Oh my GOD! That is an amazing print. Hell of awesome Christmas pressie.

Also, you two are RIDICULOUSLY CUTE. <3

mmm. my lady loved her present, but what she gave me was better. I've never gotten something hand-made that I actually liked before... lovely. details on flickr.

(also she gave me a Beatles shirt and a cute letter that she wrote on the back of a collage. I gave her... some nice little teacups? Damn. She got real excited about them, though.)


Also: Rushmore was FANTASTIC. wow.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2006, 06:08:46 am »

thanks. I've been told that before. I wish you could see how gorgeous she is, as well. There are a few pictures on my Flickr among the first I uploaded, but, they're all weird shots... nothing good.

edit: I stole a few pictures from one of her friends. So.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 06:18:55 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2006, 07:44:23 am »

BTW, inev, the short hair's much better on you than the long hair. It's a much more outgoing look.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2006, 09:49:12 am »

Christmas wrap-up report: bleeding from forehead and side. Nothing yet on wrists or ankles so it's not actually stigmata yet.

Not a great day, but there's no reason it should be.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2006, 01:09:30 pm »

Too soon, Ben, wrong holiday!

The Christmas wrap up should be more like:

Baby update 12/25/00: Accidentally discovered that straw plus diaper rash ointment form a permanent adhesive. Next time bring portable bassinet, or earplugs.

Baby update 12/26/00: Myrrh turns out to be excellent solvent; all grateful for decent night's sleep. Donkey ate frankincense, so no need to regift.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2006, 04:18:57 pm »

12/27/00: Gold came in handy, as expected.

Also, in 1992 I was sixteen and into grunge music, guitar intrumental stuff (Joe Satriani represent, yo), and getting around to starting a punk rock band.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2006, 04:35:10 pm »

thanks. I've been told that before. I wish you could see how gorgeous she is, as well. There are a few pictures on my Flickr among the first I uploaded, but, they're all weird shots... nothing good.

edit: I stole a few pictures from one of her friends. So.

So wait, dude, which one is your Special Lady Friend?  The one on the right here:

http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/333603472/

or the one on the right here?

http://flickr.com/photos/theinevitable/326586383/

Or do you keep a different Special Lady Friend in college and back home so you're never without?  Because that's pretty smooth, playa.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2006, 06:12:12 pm »

smooth: bein' a playa fo' real yo.

not smooth: publicly broadcasting your playa stylz- 'cause bitches take issue, yo. 

Hmm....  I sorta like that.  I'm thinking 2007 will be the year I end more sentences with "yo," yo. (As in: "There goes my career down the toilet, yo!")

Also, Merry Christmas to all.  I have to go clear a path from all the gifts to get to the fridge just so I can enjoy the sweetest post-Christmas joy:  eating a turkey sandwich.  We got so much cool shit.  The task of finding places for all of them is so very daunting!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2006, 06:55:31 pm »

Jennifer is my girlfriend. Grace is my friend at college who one time we took a bunch of pictures. I am not up to anything sly, I swear.

the internet makes it impossible to do this kind of thing, unless one or both of them are purposely aware. I joked once that I should write a song called "Facebook Makes me Stay True," but I was afraid people would take it the wrong way.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2006, 09:11:22 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
I am not up to anything sly, I swear.

You're not supposed to tell the internet that, though.

The internet wants to believe that you're up to all sorts of sly things, so that it can live vicariously through your slyness. If you're admitting to your monogomy with one pretty girl as opposed to sly machinations with several, it's like you're taking away the internet's one reason to live.

Well, I mean, when the internet wants to pretend its having sex with gay cartoon wolves, it goes on Second Life.

But when it wants to pretend it's havin' run-of-the-mill actual-human to actual-human coveting of the neighbor's wife, it turns its weary eyes to you, Joe DiMaggio. And you done broke the spell.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2006, 09:19:33 pm »

the internet itself is killing the dream, man. the internet -itself-.

you can't (or... can) imagine how much of a turnoff a link on my facebook profile that says "Daniel is in a Relationship with Jennifer" is. I mean... they can click right there and see her! I feel bad enough when people post pictures of me with other girls... much less actually doing anything with them.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 09:25:09 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2006, 03:23:03 am »

She's hella cute, she looks like a very young Uma Thurman, especially in the photo where she's rolling her eyes.

And I like you both with long hair and with short hair. However, the long hair tends to make you look far younger than you actually are.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2006, 05:26:58 am »

Yes, we're quite fans of Grace in my Philly office here.  I was going through Flickr and a friend asked me to send him the URL of a page with a photo of the two of you, although with that guy I wouldn't know if it was because of Grace or because of you.  I'm just saying.

Anyway, good times never felt so good.  Would Photoshop again. A+++++++

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy holidays!
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2006, 07:57:57 am »

wow, so, have I gotten it across that my girlfriend is not Grace? Linnea is referring to the girl who is not my girlfriend. Who is very cute, but, I am not making any kind of smooches with her.

Also: I always feel bad when I put up pictures of people with their names. But I feel awkward being all "this is my friend, friend #3."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up