Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007  (Read 4781 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01152007

This reminds me of the when United lost my luggage on a flight to LAX this past summer. Their Indian customer service deparment is absolutely horrid. In fact, I'm pretty sure they used this very same phrase on me at least once.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 01:57:41 am »

Nice Pete getting dissed by an Indian customer service rep does not bode well for Ray and Teodor. He might just snap and kill them the old-fashioned way.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 02:00:20 am »

man. what are you talking about. indian customer service people make me all warm and fuzzy.

...I'm not kidding. I don't really know why. accent + calm tone = yes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:10:29 am »

I forsee a long flight in Nice Pete's future, followed by one angry West Virginian showing up at the front door of one fancy son of bitch from India. 

Rest assured, Hajul.  Even in a country of over a billion people on the other side of the planet, Peter Cropes will find you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:15:11 am by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 02:13:45 am »

Maybe Hajul just didn't QA it at all. Because he's an irresponsible prick.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 03:33:44 am »

The brief period I worked one of those jobs for a cell phone company, every third call involved some sort of "Oh, wow, you're actually American, aren't you?" realization by the caller. "That's amazing, where are you at?"

We couldn't say where we were, of course, because probablly twice a day you'd also get a death threat because... some storefront or dealer or other call-answerer-person promised them something impossible or against policy and when they'd tell you, they'd offer to have you killed for a promise someone else mad.

But we'd tell 'em "yeah, we're in the Eastern Time Zone of the US, that's all we can say".

Which, y'know, they really liked and generally brought up their politeness... unless it was going to turn into a big-lie/death-threat call. It wouldn't cancel those out, of course.

It was a terrible job.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 03:39:21 am »

I read Hajul's lines out loud in the appropriate accent.

So did you.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 04:41:51 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01152007

This reminds me of the when United lost my luggage on a flight to LAX this past summer.

Dude! United lost my luggage, too, and I also got some Indian guy on the phone.

I had a story here about United sucking, but on second thought, I doubt anybody really wants to hear it.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 04:48:12 am »

Hajul is my new favourite character.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 05:14:19 am »

NEWSFLASH!!!

Hajul is really Liebot.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 05:22:42 am »

Dude! United lost my luggage, too, and I also got some Indian guy on the phone.

I had a story here about United sucking, but on second thought, I doubt anybody really wants to hear it.

The funny thing is that I called their customer service department about three or four times and absolutely nothing came of any of these calls. Literally no helpful information whatsoever. The first time I called, they said not enough time had passed, so I should call them again. The second time I called, they said they would send some kind of query and I'd get more information when I call them back in about an hour. The third person had NO IDEA what I spoke to the previous person about. The fourth time I tried to talk to a supervisor, but apparently supervisors there are like the Minotaur or the Hydra: mythical beings told of in stories, but with no actual basis in reality. I was passing through LA a few days after my flight on the way down to San Diego, so I figured I would go to the lost luggage deparment to see if my bag had turned up. LO AND MOTHERfuck*ng BEHOLD! It did!

What angered me more is that I used to work as a consumer service rep at Nintendo of America, and we got shit done. Compared to United, Nintendo's 800 number seems like Christ-returned. I always used to wonder why people who called in always wanted to know where we were located, and why so many seemed relieved when I told them we were in Washington state.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 10:58:02 am »

I want to call people "fancy sons of a bitches from India". And so do you.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

piecewise

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 12:44:52 pm »

Looks like the proprietor of English Speaking Pizza is pretty handy with a soldering iron.

Also, hello.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 01:01:25 pm »

Yeah, Onstad is pretty generic with his "foreign guy" patois.

Anyway, this strip is emblematic of why you don't outsource to India, people.  I cannot stress this enough.  When the shoddy quality of work comes back to bite you in the ass, you can save yourself a lot of aggravation by just outsourcing to China from the get-go.  Those little ching-chong fuckers know how to write a motherfuck*ng device driver.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I quit this phone call! I quit it one thousand times! - January 15 2007
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 02:25:51 pm »

As many of you know, I have oodles of stories about call centres, being that I worked at many while putting myself through school.  The shame of this is something I have to live with.  But I do have a story that is only slightly off topic that I would like to share with you.

A friend of mine found himself in the position of being the guy who travelled to foreign lands to train foreign English speakers to do the jobs that his coworkers back in Canada would no longer be doing in the future (side note: we Canadians told callers we were "north of Minneapolis").  One important unit of training is the North American sarcasm unit.  Seems we are a more sarcastic bunch than many other places in the world, and the failure to recognize sarcasm and other mocking inflections of speech is the main problem of out sourcing call centres to India and Asia.  There is a fairly legendary call to the FedEx call centre in India where the American guy says something like " Oh, this is really helping me!" and the agent responds "You're welcome, sir" and this of course enrages the caller, who starts screaming that the agent is "brilliant, fuck*ng brilliant!" and the agent says " you're very kind, sir..." and this goes on for quite a while.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to the murdering.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up