Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis  (Read 10724 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2007, 10:41:10 am »

This thread took an abrupt right turn into funny.  :D
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2007, 02:35:06 pm »

This lends itself to a World of Achewood MMORPG.
Computer Programmers, hop to it.

or maybe even a MUD
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2007, 02:38:47 pm »

My mom just sewed me a perfect replica of a Wal-Mart vest, and I totally printed off a name tag.  At the Wal-LARP Bi Mon Con I am totally going to buy a Christmas with the Kranks 2 badge, an official re-pro of the 1992 style :) face badge (totally more authentic than the 1995 version.  Totally.), and maybe one of those spray-on cans of the sour smell of loneliness, cat pee and Lean Cuisine.  

Can someone please ask me if there are any more Brita filters in the back, even though there are clearly none on the shelf?  Because that would be so hott.  So hott!  That would get me off +4 harder than announcing a Code Adam over the intercom system.

Also, Fooker, I'm going to need to take a look at your receipt please.  Did you come in with those gloves?

Oh, I am wet.  Down there.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2007, 03:08:02 pm »

Hell of can for Smells.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2007, 04:00:43 pm »

I hate to admit that I know this, but this was actually a sketch on ***** Chicken. They show a bunch of orcs, elves, etc sitting around a table playing an Office Job RPG. The orc gets a saving throw vs. copier malfunction.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2007, 05:25:42 pm »

Quote from: CortJstr
They show a bunch of orcs, elves, etc sitting around a table playing an Office Job RPG. The orc gets a saving throw vs. copier malfunction.

Really?

Man, just goes to show, Trouser Chicken finds a funny idea and takes it one step past funny.

The FULL Comic Reversal, having D&D monsters RPG an office job, is too much. Too... pat. Too "whoop-zip!" wacky.

But a bunch of people with semi-decent jobs like... college professors or legal secretaries... role playing as the dude who stands around at the back of the CVS, really only doing anything when the lines are super long whereupon he takes over a register only until the line thins out and then goes back to standing in the back, because he's the manager's loser cousin?

That has just enough of a Kaufmanian/Hicksesque whiff of "rampant despair" to cut the aftertaste of "bad improv show" and really brings out the grassy-with-a-hint-of-vanilla "our very humanity dooms us from the start" hilarity notes.

So much of satire is about knowing when it's funny to go 180 degrees on a comedy reversal and when to go... 105 degrees.

Trouser Chicken has pretty much never gotten the distinction. I blame the partial Seth MacFarlane influence.


ALSO: "Oh, I am wet.  Down there." You must be refering to the condensation on your frosty new CAN.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:35:53 pm by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2007, 11:15:44 pm »

Smells, you rock my small, celf-centered universe. I am quite sure that your existence makes Earth a better place.

On the subject of roleplaying experiences in weird, creepy shame, I am compelled to point out that someone is apparently actually going to release a d20 ("slightly more generic Dungeons & Dragons") supplement based on the modern controversy over abortion. Apparently it involves several character classes based on this theme, including "Sidewalk Counselor" (those people who stand on the sidewalk yelling at people going into the clinic, I think?) and "Blogger."

"Blogger."

Truth > Fiction, even such a sublime fiction as Smells's. I weep.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2007, 12:22:19 am »

If "Dungeons and Abortions" ever does come out, I dunno, the "Blogger" character class wouldn't be meta enough for me.

How about "Person Who Responds to Blogs But Never Actually Starts A Blog of Their Own"?

"Oh yeah, well I have a +5 Sig File of Recent Comic Book Crossover! It practically puts my Zeitgeist stat to max!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2007, 12:28:56 am »

I'm so hot to roll up my "Message Board Lurker" character.

So looking forward to not going to the regular Saturday night game.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2007, 02:36:49 am »

The only LARPing I ever really did was back in high school, fighting with big silly Nerf-like swords and throwing Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide who got what. I don't think I ever did a pencil-and paper RPG.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2007, 06:37:03 am »

You can keep peeling off lawyers - it's lawyers all the way down.

Can'd
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2007, 10:39:43 pm »

Is it too late to say that I knew that Fooker was kidding?  Or wasn't kidding?  Or whichever one was true? 

I WAS THE TURKEY THE WHOLE TIME!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2007, 12:43:30 am »

I still LARP. I'm a pretty elf female who all the boys are desperately in love with. I am pregnant with my first fantasy half-elf-half-angel-half-demon-half-squid-half-toaster baby, and I wear a pillow and have super powers.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: I was unlawfully detained by Octogenarian Receipt Nazis
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2007, 05:59:15 am »

That's a big baby!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up