Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"  (Read 11773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2007, 07:44:02 am »

thanks!

OK people, just for the record, this isn't a thing where I am asking you to say nice things about me. I was basically assuming people would say "dude could you maybe condense it sometimes a little bit? For real."

...say nice things about my Dick, dude.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2007, 12:52:01 pm »

I'm starting to think it's better to have a crappy life in california than a good life in a wintery place.

I strongly suspect this is true. When I am in California even people with crappy jobs at coffee bars seem to be happier than most people on the East Coast.

I wish I could live there. It's exhausting how much time I spend thinking about the weather - what to wear, whether I will have to drive in the snow, how cruel it is that it is raining on my day off and the next day when I have to work it's going to be beautiful... I always think about how if I lived in LA, that whole burden would disappear.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2007, 03:39:58 pm »

OK, people, do I post too often?

As long as each post is accompanied by a kitten and a duck (as is presently the case) it's fine.
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2007, 04:47:38 pm »

Having lived on both coasts and in the middle, I can honestly say I'm happiest here in the cold, cold middle. That said, I didn't live in the greatest places on either coast: Sacramento CA, Portland OR, Washington DC, Baltimore... well, Portland was nice, but since I have S.O.-- S.A.D., the rain really got to me big time.

The winters here in the cold, cold middle are nice. I don't mind the cold and I find snow to be beautiful. What gets hardest is how few hours of daylight there are. But when there's snow on the ground and it's sunny, it more than makes up for it, because the sunlight is doubled for that day!

That said, on days like today, when they cancel school because it's so cold that exposed flesh will freeze in five minutes, I kinda wish I was back in CA.


Just not Sacramento. :)

I'll take the Bay Area any day of the week though. I hear it's wonderful there. Or so I've been told.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2007, 07:17:19 am »

Especially since "a hiatus like Q" apparently means "never coming back, ever."

Where did you go, Q? And Bozack, and Zart... le sigh.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2007, 08:00:33 am »

You can get Depression in San Diego, too, but 1) It takes a big thing to kick it off, and 2) It is harder to come up with reasons not to go out.*

Otherwise it's really awesome except for rent.  And not having leaves that turn colors other than brown.

I don't live all that close to it, but every morning as I come over a hill I can see the ocean just off to the right, and I feel like the day can't be that bad.  That sort of thing helps a lot.  Then I go to my job, which is fun even though it doesn't pay a lot, and I can go outside at breaks and 19 times out of 20 it's sunny and warm.

I like it here.  I want to stay.

*Usually it was traffic for me.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: February 2, 2007 - "you just walk right in"
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2007, 03:07:02 pm »

lister, a can for one of my favorite tom lehrer lyrics >)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up