Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I built a cantenna.  (Read 4964 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 08:53:13 pm »

His aim failed to compensate for the solar wind blowing his photons off-course.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 08:57:43 pm »

The sad thing is... remember those Star Wars "What If" comics?

A great one would be, what if Greedo had killed Han there in the bar?

But... politically, I doubt Lucas would approve anything related to that debate.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 02:32:10 pm »

My favorite "What if..." was one that I made up in my mind based on this actual "What if...".  I liked to imagine a comic book where it just showed Punisher living his home life, growing a nice paunch belly, sitting on the couch, watching TV and the like.  You know... basically having no motivation.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 07:25:10 am »

My favorite "What if..." was one that I made up in my mind based on this actual "What if...".  I liked to imagine a comic book where it just showed Punisher living his home life, growing a nice paunch belly, sitting on the couch, watching TV and the like.  You know... basically having no motivation.
Better yet, the Punisher's attempts to balance the taxing requirements of bloody vigilante justice with family life. "Honey, I just wanted to let you know I'm going to be a little late home tonight -- I've got this mobster I have to shoot in the face, and he's got a lot of bodyguards, so it might take a while. I'll pick up a pizza on the way home... no, no, sweetie, I know Bobby's piano recital is on Saturday. I swear I won't torture any drug dealers to death this weekend; I know how you like to keep the basement clean..."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 08:19:00 pm »

Now that is a book I would pay good money to read.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 06:19:39 pm »

"Darn it hun, you know how hard it is to get blood stains out of linen!  And acid?  How did you get acid on thelovely coat my mother got you for Christmas.  I'll patch it for you, but if my mother sees that hole she won't be pleased.  She ordered that jacket special for you from the Sears catalog.  And you know she's not rich.  She's on a pention for heaven's sake!"

"Yes dear."

"All right then.  Supper's in the oven.  I just hope the roast hasn't gotten all dried out from us waiting for you to come home again."

"Sorry, dear."

"And you better ask Jimmy about his Math test."

"Alright dear."

"Alright then."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up