Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 5th of February, 2007 - A lot of people are calling bullshit on that Tostada  (Read 12030 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

goddamn, some Mexican food would kill right now.

I was about to complain that I don't have time to get lunch today... and then I realized that that is because I chose to spend my 1-hour break in the library, looking at websites.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile

Yeah.  We are all like the lab rat in the cage who just presses the "cocaine" button all day and forgets to eat. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

TOSTADA monthly  is OK I guess.  It DOES fill the gap between issues of BURRITO quarterly

I have long thought about writing a blog that was just about burritos.  Every time I went out for a burrito, I'd post about it.  It would be called "Burrito Jones."

Never quite gotten around to it.  I'm sure it's already been done.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

.

I was about to complain that I don't have time to get lunch today... and then I realized that that is because I chose to spend my 1-hour break in the library, looking at websites.

Inev, I think this may answer the question you posted elsewhere - if you are forgetting to eat then yes, you are posting too much.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

no, I wasn't forgetting to eat. I normally eat during that time-- I didn't because I actually had to do some work to prepare for a class.

...which probably was because I went to internet sites instead of doing the work yesterday.

also: I am in love with the Soup/Sandwich combination. This is surely one of humanity's greatest accomplishments.

Potato soup with a ham sandwich. good lord.

edit: it figures that the one day I mention it, the soup is watery and sub-par. Bad show, Hilltop Cafe. Bad show.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:34:10 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

This is what separates Ray Smuckles from Paris Hilton. Both are what you would call 'idle rich': fabulously wealthy without having really earned it, while completely lacking any sort of a real job. But what does Ray do with his money and his time? He subscribes to a tostada magazine in order to enrich and expand his understanding of the world and its cultures. Meanwhile, Paris Hilton goes around rubbing her pu$$y on anything that moves.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

This is what separates Ray Smuckles from Paris Hilton. Both are what you would call 'idle rich': fabulously wealthy without having really earned it, while completely lacking any sort of a real job. But what does Ray do with his money and his time? He subscribes to a tostada magazine in order to enrich and expand his understanding of the world and its cultures. Meanwhile, Paris Hilton goes around rubbing her pu$$y on anything that moves.

To be fair, Ray would be bonin' everything in sight right now, if it were not for his fear of a heart attack brought on by strenuous physical activity and his gargantuan folds of flab.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Quote from: CortJstr
At least Fit Pregnancy has the excuse of just re-printing the same 9 issues over and over for all eternity. They just have to occasionally update the photos to compesate for changing clothing styles.

Suddenly, the idea strikes me that... there must be SOME people who read pregnancy and wedding magazines at times when they are neither pregnant nor getting married. People with five, ten year subscriptions to such periodicals. And I am left with the feeling that I do not want to know those people, probably.

These are probably the things a girl-version of a Nice Pete would do.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

yeah. that kind of reminds me of a thing I read... on somethingawful... one of those "Weekend Web" things.
Where it was a forum for ladies who love having babies. And... would trick men into getting them pregnant?

It was basically what I figured was going on all along, let's be honest. The jig is up, ladies.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

Okay, I confess. 

I totally spent nine years tricking Pedro into thinking that he's the love of my life and even married him so that he wouldn't be suspicious.  Then I suffered through three years of the best nookie ever just for the purposes of being miserably uncomfortable for nine months and then enduring unspeakable pain to give birth to a helpless, shrieking little insomniac who has grown (so far) into a little hurricane in Stride Rites who still doesn't sleep through the night and frequently interrupts the aforementioned nookie. 

Then I convinced Pedro to let me stay home all day, have food thrown at me, and clean poo off the kitchen floor for this child, who has apparently inherited no genetic material whatsoever from his mother, for nine hours a day while Pedro is at his enjoyable, challenging, fulfilling and reasonably well-paid job. 

I fooled him good. 

Can't wait to do it again. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Suddenly, the idea strikes me that... there must be SOME people who read pregnancy and wedding magazines at times when they are neither pregnant nor getting married.

My wife and I are the full-custody guardians of my niece, who came to live with us from Georgia at the age of 14.  One of the more frightening moments in our getting-to-know each other weeks was when she dumped her backpack full of reading material while looking for a pen or something - it was all bride magazines of some stripe or another.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile

This is what separates Ray Smuckles from Paris Hilton. Both are what you would call 'idle rich': fabulously wealthy without having really earned it, while completely lacking any sort of a real job. But what does Ray do with his money and his time? He subscribes to a tostada magazine in order to enrich and expand his understanding of the world and its cultures. Meanwhile, Paris Hilton goes around rubbing her pu$$y on anything that moves.

CAN.  ;D
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

no, like, for real. The website included such discussions as-- if your husband does not want you to have another baby, is it unethical to... procure a sample from him (I'm sure you can imagine some ways) and then impregnate yourself? The answer of this board was "no, sister, that is your right."

it was scary.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Bride and pregnancy magazines are like forbidden fruit for someone with a ticking biological clock. I purchased one or two bridal maggies when I was engaged to the crap dude from way back. I won't let myself buy any more, no matter how tempted I am to look through them and piiiiiiine. that's just counterproductive.

I'd really like to get married and possibly have some biological or adopted offspring in the next 5-10 years, but I won't permit myself to buy Alaska Bride or Fit Pregnancy yet. I have to have a reason to buy them. I don't want to bring home a boyfriend and have him glance in my bathroom, see Bride's or Pregnancy Monthly and freak the hell out.

(fixed link -w)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:52:50 pm by wombat »
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile

man i didn't think it would be so easy to find this on google images right away
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up