Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 5th of February, 2007 - A lot of people are calling bullshit on that Tostada  (Read 12009 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Paul, let's say that i wanted to Wax this Shit up. Like maybe one day I wanted to look like Mr. Dali. What is a brand? Where do I buy it? I found all kinds of "Men's" hair-shaping products, but... I don't know.

Thinking of waxing up?  The product I use is called Cubman.  Use with Caution.  It can be purchased at Sally, but it's also available online.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

No love for Dapper Dan?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

No love for Dapper Dan?

Isn't Dapper Dan a pomade? 

As in, for the hair on one's head? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

*cough* mah hair mah hair!
Logged
~

V-Adore

  • Guest

One thing I know:

You don't want Fop.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

This board seems to come full-circle back to haircare a lot.

Is this something that Most People think about or is it some weird demographic quirk of this board?

I rub some Prell on my head in the morning and (usually) comb my hair.

This is as far as my maintenance goes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

I rub some Prell on my head in the morning and (usually) comb my hair.

Prell?  You poofter!

I'm all about Suave, baby.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

Oh man, Rico Suave is just what I needed this morning.  It is a reference that hits the spot for a day when the weather is so cold your skin dies.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile

My peers called me Rico Suave when I was a Freshman in High School. But they were referencing the non-flattering Horatio Sanz version. I died a little each day.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Quote from: Bjorn the Destroyer
My peers called me Rico Suave when I was a Freshman in High School. But they were referencing the non-flattering Horatio Sanz version. I died a little each day.

If it helps any, I'm pretty sure that a comparison to ANY Rico Suave is probably equally flattering or non-flattering.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

If it helps any, I'm pretty sure that a comparison to ANY Rico Suave is probably equally flattering or non-flattering.

I was in middle school Spanish class when that song came out, and our teacher was all surprised during our introductory Spanish lessons when people knew words like "rich" and "smooth". Apparently 7th grade Spanish teachers don't watch much MTV.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes

Rich and Smooth?  Was he some kind of Spanish peanut butter salesman?
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

I seem to remember him being really skeevy, with lots of gaudy jewelry and scantily clad women. So I guess it's not different from any of the other MTV videos nowadays. Does finding MTV offensive mean that I'm old? 
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

no, I find it kind of offensive too.

Although lately I kind of love Rap music. Jeez. (Firefox's spellcheck fixes Geez but accepts Jeez. Also: Spellcheck is not a word according to spellcheck.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up