Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007  (Read 12878 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« on: February 09, 2007, 12:49:19 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02092007

Sorry, hoss, but it seemed like the only possible thread title.

One of those days when a girl who thought she was doing fine hanging out with the guys has at least temporarily learned her limits. Oh, so gross.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:16:28 am »

I hear you're mad about Brubeck
bla-doodley-doo-doo
I like your eyes, I like him too
He's an artist, a pioneer
We've got to have some music on the New Frontier
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 01:22:25 am »

Three panels. Wham, bam, thank you... Mr. Onstad?

I also like the first panel just as an object on its own. Indeed, who hasn't used music as some kind of evidence that something in the world doesn't blow?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 01:25:13 am »

Lyle does not believe in privacy
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:35:11 am »

wow I probably could have gone today without seeing this idea illustrated
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 01:48:09 am »

I wouldn't have thought "feelin' fresh" all that high up on Lyle's list of priorities, but I guess it proves he is a Man of Layers.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 02:20:41 am »

Hmm, wow.  I was chilling with out-of-state family today, because they were in for a funeral, and my after-brunch musical choice was Brubeck.  The same album played in the strip too, of course.  No kiddin'.



They were from Orlando and Houston.  I don't got any country shit, so I guess I figured Brubeck was the most universal music I could provide.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 02:37:15 am »

I am pretty sure Lyle is deliberately making sure he does this within Teodor's line of sight.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 03:09:23 am »

Oh, so that must be why Lyle's prostate was all out of sorts. If he's taking it in the can nowadays, then he probably needs a vinegar rinse every now and again.

That is totally disgusting (and so is the word "man-douche". I didn't need to see that. My guess is that Onstad's high.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 03:26:00 am »

wait, why do we think Lyle is taking it in the can?
wouldn't Vinegar be a highly uncomfortable and horrible choice for this?
what am I missing! I don't want to know!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 03:40:04 am »

Well...

What else would a man-douche BE for?

Are you suggesting he might be simply man-douching his... c*ck?

By the logic of an SAT question pu$$y is to mangina as douche is to man-douche.

And as far as I can figure, the mangina is the butt, yes? Even on an imaginary stuffed tiger?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 03:52:53 am »

Man, this is old-school Achewood right here. I laughed so hard at that third panel.

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 04:07:58 am »

The reference to Brubeck and Teodor's attendant thoughts=bravo

The non-sequitur from enjoying Brubeck to Lyle's nether regions=bravo

The idea of a "man douche" and it's forced visitation on my life=ewww.


But you know, that's Achewood, right there: Bravo, bravo, ewww (followed soon after, usually, by wtf?!)

Not my favorite strip by any stretch. But there are worse things.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 04:10:42 am »

I instantly thought the title should have to be "ALL MY VINEGAR", implying the strip is some sort of soap opera where linda catches thomas man-douching and she realizes that he is actually gay and also not the father of her retarded baby.

My other option would be the out of context "earth is a huge steaming pile of shit" just to keep you confused.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Time for my man-douche - February 9 2007
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 04:15:37 am »

yeah, i mean... I don't even know. None of the concepts in this comic make any sense to me. Jazz? What?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up