Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?  (Read 8866 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2007, 07:35:53 pm »

Like I say, that's my favourite KITH skit. Possibly my favourite television comedy skit of all time.

That or The State's "Porcupine Racetrack".

Read into that howsoever you like.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 07:48:41 am »

That video got pulled.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 11:04:15 pm »

That video got pulled.

For lack of humor.  Har har!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 11:11:49 pm »

For lack of humor.  Har har!

What's with all the trolls today?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2007, 11:16:11 pm »

Quote from: CortJstr
What's with all the trolls today?

I'm guessing they found a comic strip with rude cat titties and flocked here, hoping to discuss their furriness and plushiness and other such deviancies-beyond-deviance and... when they realized that we were into the strip despite the sexualization of a cat as opposed to because of it...

They were hurt and confused and decided to lash out at us the only way they knew how.

By trolling a message board. No, seriously, that's the only way they know how to lash out.

If they knew any other way to lash out, I'm thinking they would've ended up healthier and... not into furries.

Though, they'll probably use the "It was all an experiment for a psychology course!" excuse before leaving.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 11:17:09 pm »

Paul's no troll.

Paul, it's okay that you don't like Kids in the Hall. It's okay.

I don't like the Who.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007, 11:31:58 am »

I don't like the Who.

But... I don't like the Who and I like Kids in the Hall, so surely it's not OK? No, wait, I'm doing that thing to logic aren't I?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

troublecat

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 09:48:02 pm »

My absolute favorite is the one where Gavin tells the story about the guy who not only smokes, but also taught his dog to smoke (and the dog would go door-to-door, begging for cigarettes).

The "Thirty Helens Agree" where they agree to disagree was pretty sweet, too.

Oh!  And I almost forgot!  "Never Put Salt in Your Eyes."  So good.
Logged
"I'm not supposed to eat Twiglets."
"Why not?"
"They make me violent."

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 11:33:52 pm »

The "Thirty Helens Agree" where they agree to disagree was pretty sweet, too.

To use the latest internet acronym...
QFT
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2007, 06:32:02 am »

I love many of the ones that have already been mentioned, so I'll mention some that haven't yet, unless they were just linked to, and everyone else just said "Oh yeah that one you linked to is awesome" without ever saying what the sketch was, because those have all been pulled off youtube, so I have no idea what they are.  Anyway:

"People think I have the power because I have the monkeys, but they're wrong. I have the power, because one day, I'll let the monkeys loose."

"That's it - I'm confiscating your salt."

"You've been asleep for... TWENTY MINUTES."

"Get out of my cab, you fricking Serb."

These are all favourites of mine.


Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2007, 07:46:46 am »

vacation beard
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2007, 02:31:40 pm »

Did anybody else watch The Vacant Lot? It was one of those shows on Comedy Central where they only had about 8 episodes made but they played the ever-living fuck out for them for a year then they vanished totally.

To this day my friends and I will occasionally start singing "This song's gonna make a great video. It's gonna be so cool. We'll break stuff in slo-mo, throw things into a pool!"
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2007, 03:46:49 pm »

Did anybody else watch The Vacant Lot? It was one of those shows on Comedy Central where they only had about 8 episodes made but they played the ever-living fuck out for them for a year then they vanished totally.

To this day my friends and I will occasionally start singing "This song's gonna make a great video. It's gonna be so cool. We'll break stuff in slo-mo, throw things into a pool!"

"What's the purpose, what's the point? We don't really knoooow...
Just light the torches, cue the pigeons, and let the midget go!"

The Eggtown sketch was great, too. ("I shun you, you are shunned! I shun you, you are shunned!") I still have all of these taped off tv somewhere, and will transfer them to DVD if I ever get around to buying one of those recorders.

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2007, 04:04:11 pm »

"What's the purpose, what's the point? We don't really knoooow...
Just light the torches, cue the pigeons, and let the midget go!"

The Eggtown sketch was great, too. ("I shun you, you are shunned! I shun you, you are shunned!") I still have all of these taped off tv somewhere, and will transfer them to DVD if I ever get around to buying one of those recorders.

One of television's great moments was the sketch with the guy who gets caught in customs in trying to leave the unnamed small country. They sit the guy down at a dinner table covered with candy and say he has to eat all of it. Wrapped. Then they use him as a giant piņata for the customs official's daughter.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up