Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )  (Read 5978 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 08:57:35 am »

Or that Lyle did not age in Phillipe's imagination?

Or maybe Phillipe just imagines that when you are deaf you have hair and a moustache like an old man, because he connects old men with deafness, therefore in his mind that is what deaf people look like regardless of age.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 09:19:06 am »

Or maybe Phillipe just imagines that when you are deaf you have hair and a moustache like an old man, because he connects old men with deafness, therefore in his mind that is what deaf people look like regardless of age.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 11:12:53 am »

Today is a day when I want to look you in the eye, TOUAMB, and whisper confidently to you (to all of you) "We can make it happen".
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 12:56:48 pm »

Or Phillipe seems to think that if you're deaf, you only don't hear SOME words, as would happen in a wacky sitcom misunderstanding?


Actually I have a friend who is extremely hard of hearing who does this all the time. Sometimes in funny ways, although now I can't remember the details of what used to be our favorite example - it was about either an opera singer with bad breath who she thought had bare breasts, or else it was the other way around.  But I can't swear this happens to everyone - she is a wacky sitcom misunderstanding sort of person, now that I think of it.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 03:20:33 pm »

This is improved if you imagine the cochlea making a little "ping!" as it ricochets off the weathervane.


It gets even better when you realize that the cochlea's owner can no longer hear the "ping!"
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 05:30:56 pm »

If a cochlea pings in the forest do the squirrels know what it is?

I love this strip. I loves the one-offs. 'stad has been kissing the wacky groove.

AND: Friday Lyle!
Logged
We must repeat!

crotch_lobster

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 07:16:20 pm »

Lyle friday is sexcellent


But I miss Philippe's Friday Facts alot every Friday that passes without one
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 07:24:20 pm »

Quote from: crotch_lobster
Lyle friday is sexcellent

But I miss Philippe's Friday Facts alot every Friday that passes without one

If you become a regular contributor, I humbly request that your user icon not be literal to your username.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 07:57:00 pm »

If you become a regular contributor, I humbly request that your user icon not be literal to your username.

Seconded. But you're allowed to use a lobster crotch instead.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 06:13:49 am »

It gets even better when you realize that the cochlea's owner can no longer hear the "ping!"

This is why I come here. God bless you, you film-noir lawyer you.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 07:11:02 am »

It gets even better when you realize that the cochlea's owner can no longer hear the "ping!"
By typical comedic convention the cochlea will smash through the window of a neighboring house and land in a soup or beverage, and an old lady will faint.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

crotch_lobster

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 09:01:32 am »

Seconded. But you're allowed to use a lobster crotch instead.

my typical message board-type icon is pretty tame, its a pixelated lobster that flashes the whole rainbow, but who KNOWS what ill use here
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 09:03:20 am »

I have no idea how a rainbow of colours represents the crotch but... considering the alternatives, I certainly have little objection.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

crotch_lobster

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 09:04:55 am »

The whole idea behind my handle started out as an STD you REALLY didn't want to catch, so I can understand your aversion to the possibilities it presents as far as images go
Logged

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Today SUCKS! ( 16 February 2007 )
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 07:48:30 am »

I think it stinks that we are so against crustaceans. It shows in how we name venereal diseases.

Oh? What's that? Someone has a bad case of the crawdads!

I think some pathologist somewhere is allergic to shellgiraffe, or had a bad experience at a nice seafood restaurant as a child.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up