Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156421 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #750 on: September 29, 2007, 11:21:22 am »

Yeah, yesterday may have killed me.  Really my only hope is coming back on AVG, ERA, WHIP, HR or SB.  I need three of those, and anyone who has followed my team (I am guessing only me) knows that I ain't getting the steals, and the three average scores are going to be pretty hard to come back in, what with only two days in a two week match up and all. 


I am not waving the white flag, but I have definitely made sure I know where it is.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #751 on: September 29, 2007, 11:47:11 pm »

I've ended my baseball season in shame and continue my football season in shame.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #752 on: September 30, 2007, 05:04:17 am »

And it is over, congrats.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #753 on: September 30, 2007, 11:34:46 pm »

Unless Wes Welker fumbles, like, five times tomorrow, it appears that I actually won a week of pretend football. This is a nice thing.

My Mets are out of the playoffs, however. Good fuck*ng Christ.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #754 on: October 01, 2007, 12:04:00 am »

Yeah, that was pretty amazing.  My old roommate is soooo pissed.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #755 on: October 01, 2007, 12:13:41 am »

I wouldn't begin to know how to tabulate the scores from the last day of the baseball season to see who won. All I can say is, Thank you, AJ Burnett. Thank you for giving up seven earned runs today.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #756 on: October 01, 2007, 05:03:53 am »

You guys know about the Buffalo Bills player who was very nearly paralyzed, right? Well.... I really don't know how to preface this.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #757 on: October 01, 2007, 05:16:04 am »

He's doing well.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #758 on: October 01, 2007, 02:24:33 pm »

My football team is spectacularly awful, but my baseball team (not the TOUAMB league obviously) just won the season championship, so I'm not concerned.

Also, I have tickets for game 1 of the NLDS in Philly, so, there's that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #759 on: October 01, 2007, 04:46:57 pm »

Well, looks like the Zombie Reagans managed to eke out the league title. I'd like to tip my hat to Keith for an awesome final round. It ended up being ridiculously close towards the end -- a bit closer than I'd have liked, to be honest.

I also tip my hat to the rest of you guys for a great season. That was probably the best fantasy season I've had.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #760 on: October 01, 2007, 05:03:57 pm »

I am so ridiculously fuck*ng pissed at the Mets that I can't really mourn the pretend baseball season yet.

I mean. I mean.

ONE GAME the bullpen doesn't blow. ONE GAME and they're in a one-game playoff today.

SEVENTY-FOUR GODDAMNED LOSSES and the bullpen couldn't turn one of them around?

Turn around one of the last EIGHT GAMES they played against the Phillies and they don't even need the one-game playoff.

ONE GODDAMNED GAME, BULLPEN.

Jesus Handtowel Christ!

For the want of a good goddamn fuck*ng nail, you know?

fuck*ng good goddamn.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #761 on: October 01, 2007, 05:36:39 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #762 on: October 01, 2007, 05:47:49 pm »

dammit.

The Mets are out of the playoffs, and my undefeated streak comes to an end in football. And that was after one of my opponent's starters was inactive for the game, and another earned a whopping ONE POINT. Meanwhile, T.O. electrocutes himself pissing and becomes Nice. Take it, Yahoo Sports:

Quote from: Yahoo
He still managed to have an impact on the game, however, delivering the block that sprung Patrick Crayton for his first TD. It's amazing to consider given his long and "colorful" history, but Owens is proving to be not just a team player but a leader for the Cowboys this season.

Well, that's just fantastic. I didn't draft you because I like you, Owens. I drafted you because I hate you and I hate you because you put points on the board, demand the ball, and are ALL ABOUT THE STATS. You are one of my key players, and you earned me THREE POINTS today.

Of course, I'm still not about to trade you. This will last a couple weeks, then you'll want more yards. Just... GRRRR.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #763 on: October 01, 2007, 06:08:42 pm »

I guess my Laissez-Faire approach to fantasy football should be slightly modified when by best player (and team's namesake) has a bye week.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #764 on: October 01, 2007, 06:28:58 pm »

Sorry for crapping out on the fake baseball league.  I'm normally a zealot over that kind of thing but I think this was the summer I managed to overextend myself.  I get swept up in drafting teams - it's pretty much the only sports thing I think about after the final whistle blows at the Super Bowl - and this year I couldn't get into a routine at my new job that allowed me the customary 20 minutes of checkups and lineup updates.

I'll do better next year.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 79   Go Up