Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156185 times)

0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #765 on: October 01, 2007, 09:24:40 pm »

Stupid unpredictable Donovan McNabb...

Lessee, last week 4 TD's.  This week 12 sacks, a fumble and 138 yards.  Maybe TO was onto to something...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #766 on: October 02, 2007, 11:49:53 am »

Motherfuck*ng Motherfuck*ng Walrus gets the most points again. 

Interesting not:  I (THC) had not been starting Ronnie Brown.  Apparently, Ronnie Brown leads the league in fantasy points by RB.  Unfortunately, for the people I played, I started Tom Brady and Randy Moss.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #767 on: October 02, 2007, 02:27:32 pm »

The walrus that fucks his mother is unstoppable.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #768 on: October 02, 2007, 04:45:49 pm »

I think I could have won this week if it dawned on me to insert an active quarterback into my roster. But then again... would it be okay for a team called "Just Vince Young" to not have him on their active roster for the week? The mind boggles.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #769 on: October 02, 2007, 08:14:54 pm »

I am not winless.

That's about all I can ask for in pretend football, I reckon.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #770 on: October 02, 2007, 08:38:31 pm »

I am not winless.

I am!  WHOOOOO!
Win-Less!  Win-Less!  Win-Less!  Win-Less! 
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #771 on: October 02, 2007, 09:22:22 pm »

I'm lubing up for the Walrus this week.  That's some serious firepower, son.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #772 on: October 02, 2007, 09:51:05 pm »

Thank for the new kicker, ash. Just this morning i was trying to get a trade for him. I needed some more muscle in my legs.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #773 on: October 04, 2007, 04:05:03 am »

Dear Cadillac Williams:

I am sorry for drafting you.  I thought I was sorry when you hurt your ribs, but it turns out I'm really sorry that your knee went kablooey.

Also, I picked up Detroit because they were playing Chicago when my normal D had a bye, but then I dropped them because I wasn't expecting Griese to throw 3 picks.

Stupid, stupid, stupid...
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #774 on: October 04, 2007, 04:10:10 am »

Shit, I just picked up Detroit because my D sucks.  Forgot they just played Chicago.  Stupid.  Stupid.  Stupid.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #775 on: October 08, 2007, 12:42:52 am »

Having lost many of my better players to the bye-week, I now suck even MORE.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #776 on: October 08, 2007, 08:49:20 pm »

RING IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!

I HAVE GIVEN UP ON DREW BREES!

...like ten weeks too late.

Also, if anyone thinks Marvin Harrison will turn it around later in the year and wants to give up someone of moderate value for him, I'm listening. If my pretend football luck holds true, he'll turn right around after you take him.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #777 on: October 09, 2007, 03:17:42 am »

Word to the wise, playing without a running back or tight end will end any winning streak. Just putting that out there.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #778 on: October 09, 2007, 03:55:32 am »

A-CAP and I were privy to an interesting match-up tonight.  Going into the game, I was up by 31 points - but his running back and quarterback both play for Dallas.  The points prediction for them had them earning 34, but fortunately my kicker also plays for Dallas.  I was therefore in the happy position of cheering for Dallas to make field goals instead of touchdowns (since I loathe the team, this caused no spiritual harm).  Given that Tony Romo threw at least 4 interceptions, I'm pretty sure that not only did my kicker keep his boot firmly on the necks of the Motherfuck*ng Walruses- but the QB didn't get the heroic point totals that were predicted.

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #779 on: October 09, 2007, 04:21:10 am »

Also, if anyone thinks Marvin Harrison will turn it around later in the year and wants to give up someone of moderate value for him, I'm listening. If my pretend football luck holds true, he'll turn right around after you take him.

I'll give you Terry Glenn for him...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79   Go Up